Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Recording old consoles with Elgato on HDTV
Jomadscien-
tist
Post Recording old consoles with Elgato on HDTV
on: February 14, 2016, 14:08

Hey guys, friends and I started a channel and we've been looking into getting our older systems out. Problem I have is the Elgato capture device allows us to record but because of its output and the HDTV I have it doesn't display because putting a composite cable as the input and an hdmi output has a resolution too low for the tv. It records on the computer but doesn't display on the tv. I've looked into splitters particularly one with two outputs so I could just record off the elgato on one side and use the other side for the tv display. I cannot find exactly what I'm looking for and what I found somewhat close to it was pretty expensive for something I feel shouldn't be. I also heard a composite to hdmi converter works with it but the one I saw in an electronic's store was around 80 bucks. I don't want to put money in like that on what ifs and would really like a definite this is what I need to do. We now heard about a Retroconsole that would easily record games and we are thinking about buying one but if I could figure out a way to record older consoles in the setup I have without having to buy it then I'd love that. A lot of fellow youtubers tell me to emulate and I for personal reasons really do not want to do that, I enjoy having the real stuff in front of us or at least as real as we can get, which even makes me feel somewhat uncomfortable with the retroconsole. So my question is how do you guys record your stuff and if you have similar capture devices or tv problems like mine how did you solve it? Also do you guys use retroconsoles? Thank you for your time!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.108 seconds.