Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Panasonic Q Questions
supernorst
Post Panasonic Q Questions
on: October 21, 2012, 19:48

Hello gamers and collectors.
The Panasonic Q is a system I have always had an interest in obtaining. I know it is japanese only but I hear some models are region free. Is this true or does one have to patch the firmware on the system? Also would the system be dvd region free too? In addition to that, I know there is a Gameboy Player addon specifically for the Q. Would that also be region free? One final question, do they typically come with the rare Nintendo Component Video adapter for the gamecube? I understand the video quality is better with the digital adapter.

Thank you for your time. Michael

LuzZelenia
Pro
Post Re: Panasonic Q Questions
on: October 21, 2012, 19:58

I hope you have deep pockets because all of that sounds really expensive.

Unfortunately I can't help you but I hope you find the help you're looking for

Jinx
Beginner
on: October 21, 2012, 21:52

Looks like a pretty cool system! I hadn't heard of the Panasonic Q until now. I wonder why these were never made for the US market?

--------------------
My Consoles: PS3, PS2 slim, PS2 slim (JPN), PSOne, Xbox 360 slim, Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis 2 & 3, Game Gear, Wii U, Wii, GameCube, Game Boy, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, 3DS-XL, SNES 2, 3DO, CD-i, Neo Geo CD (JPN), Neo Geo Pocket (JPN)
My Arcades: Hard Drivin', Nintendo Playchoice 10, Nintendo Red Tent, Batman (1990), Neo Geo MVS (2-slot)

supernorst
on: October 22, 2012, 15:48

Its a very cool system. I just want the details listed above so I know what to expect and look for. I would like to import myself one but I really want it to at least be region free. Also I want to know what NOT to look for, I already believe many of the listings on ebay are a bit too high and most of them would be coming directly from japan. I would like one with the very rare gamecube component video cable... and all the japanese zoids games on the system.

hex1gon
Beginner
on: October 22, 2012, 21:19

NO it's not region free.
When ever you do buy one, get the seller to double box it.
DVD drive is very, very brittle.
They don't come with HDAV cables.
They'll set you back quite a bit.

An Australian who loves the XBOX way too much:
hexigon.blogspot.com.au

supernorst
on: October 23, 2012, 17:48

cool thankz for the input, thats disappointing though if all of them arn't region free. Ive heard something though about some models being unlocked.

64bitmatth-
ew
on: October 25, 2012, 21:24

from what i understand, some are region free, and some arent. i dont know a ton about them, but L1games did a neat unboxing/review/history of the system, so ill leave the link to that video for you. hope it helps!

Jinx
Beginner
on: October 26, 2012, 01:21

^^^ Great video!

IGN Panasonic Q Review - Seems to indicate the region free systems have been modded and were never built specifically to be region free.

--------------------
My Consoles: PS3, PS2 slim, PS2 slim (JPN), PSOne, Xbox 360 slim, Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis 2 & 3, Game Gear, Wii U, Wii, GameCube, Game Boy, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, 3DS-XL, SNES 2, 3DO, CD-i, Neo Geo CD (JPN), Neo Geo Pocket (JPN)
My Arcades: Hard Drivin', Nintendo Playchoice 10, Nintendo Red Tent, Batman (1990), Neo Geo MVS (2-slot)

supernorst
on: November 15, 2012, 10:27

cool thanks alot I will track down one of these modded systems. would really love to own one of these.

gamester81
Administrator
on: November 25, 2012, 17:26

Yeah indeed the Panasonic Q as others have stated is not region free unfortunately, hence making the GBA adapter (very rare) also not region free. It's beautiful system and looks awesome, though I'm not sure it warrants the high prices it goes for now a days unless you're a die hard collector.

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.39 seconds.