Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Show Us Your Collection
gzsfrk
Post Re: Show Us Your Collection
on: November 26, 2012, 16:21

Quote from hex1gon on November 18, 2012, 04:37
Hello gamers!!

Nice collections many of you have! I don't think I've actually posted mine here, but I recently made a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjkR8Fn6pls

Dude! I'm hella jealous of your workshop and all the awesome toys and parts therein. Lols at the well-used First Aid kit. ๐Ÿ˜€

I really need to pick up an oscilloscope now that I have a couple of vintage arcade cabinets that are inevitably going to need servicing beyond what I'm able to do with the simple DMM I have now. I'm also going to have to start scanning Craigslist for electronic parts lots. It's a pain always having to place an order or scavenge for the caps, diodes, etc. I need, rather than just being able to look in a bin and pull a fresh, new one out.

I also enjoyed seeing all those vintage PCs you keep around. A childhood buddy of mine had one of those Zeniths, and they were indeed funky little PCs. About all he had to play of his was copies of the old Zork adventures and some really basic educational games. He was always so jealous of my IBM PC/XT with its awesome EGA graphics and wealthy of easily "acquired" games. Good times.

Anyway, you mentioned your work with lasers several times. Have any particularly cool laser homebrew projects to share? ๐Ÿ™‚

Symphony
Beginner
on: December 16, 2012, 14:56

Amazing stuff guys. Late 90s-early 2000's I'd have joined you on showing off a crazy collection. Sadly I sold most of it years ago. :\ Really nice seeing all these though.

S-Pac316
Advanced
on: December 24, 2012, 01:47

Here are my stuff...
(My cat, Rascal!)

-------------

RetroGameG-
irl
on: December 25, 2012, 02:22

Quote from gzsfrk on November 26, 2012, 16:21

Quote from hex1gon on November 18, 2012, 04:37
Hello gamers!!

Nice collections many of you have! I don't think I've actually posted mine here, but I recently made a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjkR8Fn6pls

Dude! I'm hella jealous of your workshop and all the awesome toys and parts therein. Lols at the well-used First Aid kit. ๐Ÿ˜€

I really need to pick up an oscilloscope now that I have a couple of vintage arcade cabinets that are inevitably going to need servicing beyond what I'm able to do with the simple DMM I have now. I'm also going to have to start scanning Craigslist for electronic parts lots. It's a pain always having to place an order or scavenge for the caps, diodes, etc. I need, rather than just being able to look in a bin and pull a fresh, new one out.

I also enjoyed seeing all those vintage PCs you keep around. A childhood buddy of mine had one of those Zeniths, and they were indeed funky little PCs. About all he had to play of his was copies of the old Zork adventures and some really basic educational games. He was always so jealous of my IBM PC/XT with its awesome EGA graphics and wealthy of easily "acquired" games. Good times.

Anyway, you mentioned your work with lasers several times. Have any particularly cool laser homebrew projects to share? ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh, took me a bit, you quoted the wrong persons post :> At least, I think ya did... not many other people have a zenith and lasers ๐Ÿ˜€

But yeah I have a few neat homebrew ones ... this is the one that recently won me the 2012 backyard genius award from popular mechanics

I love collecting and a serious hobby of mine is to upgrade a machine as much as I can using vintage hardware only. No modern substitutes allowed :> I didn't show all of them, for example, I keep an amiga 2000HD with 8MB ram and an 80286 bridgeboard permanently setup in my bedroom, next to the modern gaming PC and a mac mini :>

I get a lot of parts online, but sometimes, especially for older parts, I end up shopping at second hand stores for old electronics to break down into parts. If you service those arcade cabinets, be sure to be safe... discharge the monitor properly please :>

Happy Holidays to everyone ๐Ÿ˜€

~Retrogamegirl

-----------
http://www.youtube.com/user/retrogamegirl
or
http://retrogamegirl.com/

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.312 seconds.