Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Best Consoles for Homebrew
LuzZelenia
Pro
Post Best Consoles for Homebrew
on: October 22, 2012, 14:09

Ive always wanted to play more Homebrew but I never got around to it and now that I want to, I don't know where to start. So, I thought it would be helpful to have a thread about the best consoles to own for people who want to get into Homebrew. Currently I own a ps1, ps2, n64, and a GameCube so I'd like to know what the Homebrew scene is like for these consoles but also what the Homebrew is like for the consoles I don't own. So what i wanted to know is: what console has the most active Homebrew community? What console has the highest quality Homebrew being produced? What are some of the best Homebrew for whatever system?

Totalled
Post Re: Best Consoles for Homebrew
on: October 22, 2012, 14:38

The best Homebrew system I would say would be the Wii. (A hacked Wii obviously)

I used LetterBomb to install BootMii and the Homebrew Channel. If that is too pricy then I would say... The PSP or Dreamcast would be the second and third options.

I have over 50 programs on my Wii and I love them all. There are ways to turn your Wii into a DVD Player, Alarm, play *arrrrrrgh!* games, etc. There are emulators for NES, SNES, Gameboy, Genesis, etc.

I'd go for a Wii, they are getting cheaper and cheaper and will probably get to the GameCube pricing within a year or two.

Best Systems:

Wii
PSP
Dreamcast

LuzZelenia
Pro
on: October 22, 2012, 17:28

Thanks for your input, I was planning on getting a wii so,etime soon. Since the wii u is coming out soon in the co,ung months the price will be plummeting.

hex1gon
Beginner
on: October 22, 2012, 21:21

Add XBOX to that list as well... GBA is another one too.

An Australian who loves the XBOX way too much:
hexigon.blogspot.com.au

metallicat-
84_2003
Beginner
on: October 22, 2012, 23:15

The Wii is pretty easy to hack all you really need is a SD card and youtube for step by step directions

LuzZelenia
Pro
on: October 23, 2012, 15:51

Quote from metallicat84_2003 on October 22, 2012, 23:15
The Wii is pretty easy to hack all you really need is a SD card and youtube for step by step directions

I'll have to keep that in mind. An easy mod is always a good thing in my book.

gamester81
Administrator
on: October 23, 2012, 20:13

I'm going to go old school and say the classic Atari 2600 is a great system for homebrew games.

C0dyGaming
on: October 25, 2012, 23:23

I had the homebrew channel on my Wii for awhile and it was pretty awesome for emulators and other stuff like that. There's even an app to play DVDs on the Wii, which was interesting.

I'm Cody from Let's Start A New Game on Youtube! 🙂 http://www.youtube.com/letsstartanewgame

I also have my own channel at http://www.youtube.com/C0dyGaming

helsinkiro-
cks
on: October 27, 2012, 01:38

Yeah the Wii and Dreamcast 🙂

WaddleJrJr
on: October 30, 2012, 20:39

I'd say the systems that tend to get the most homebrew releases are NES and Dreamcast. At least from the physical releases point of view.

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.393 seconds.