Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: SNES or SNES Mini?
Totalled
Post SNES or SNES Mini?
on: October 22, 2012, 14:18

SNES or SNES Mini?

The Super Nintendo is a great console. The games are great, the controller's great, and out of the 5 I own, only one is broken.

Though, there is a problem with the SNES. Like the NES and N64, there were two different models. (Pikachu N64 anyone?) And because of this, there must be a poll. Which design do you like better?

The original SNES has a blocky design, which, in this day and age, looks a little, dated. Not to mention the yellowing problem.

The SNES Mini has a clean, rounded design. It has a much smaller foot print compared to the original SNES. The purple buttons work much better than any of my original SNES' (even my almost new in box SNES) but it lacks the cartridge eject button and there are no power LEDs.

If I had to choose though, I'd chose the SNES Mini as it was the first Super Nintendo I owned.

clamcakes
Post Re: SNES or SNES Mini?
on: October 22, 2012, 14:30

They're both ugly. I'll choose Super Famicom instead.

patrikw
on: October 22, 2012, 15:16

I like the pal snes and super famicom design best 🙂

Pan
on: October 22, 2012, 15:17

I grew up with the old version, never got a mini until this year, but now that's the version I prefer. The only thing I hate is that there is no LED when the power is on, when I have a dead AC I have no idea if it's the AC or the console that broke down, because it's happened with both before.

My Gallery. Timewalk Games.

duo16
on: October 22, 2012, 17:55

I like the original SNES better but I do like the Super Famicom the best that is just the best design

Mr_Orange
on: October 23, 2012, 04:35

As a Brit the SNES has always meant the Super Famicom shape to me as thats what the PAL consoles were. For your choice I'd go for the mini over the USA SNES on pure aesthetics.

wildbird51-
Pro
on: October 23, 2012, 05:53

I use a Super Famicom and hate the US designs.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

Outlaw
Beginner
on: October 24, 2012, 07:34

Well I've owned both at one time, though I liked the more bulky original model it looked more old school and it had the neat eject button. =P

Parlux
on: November 1, 2012, 19:18

Who doesn't like that old block of Snes goodness. My question is why does it turn yellow like the rubber on white sneakers?

DoctorFeel-
good
Beginner
on: November 1, 2012, 19:55

The N64 had way more than two different models...

I've been having these weird thoughts lately. Like is any of this for real or not?

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.435 seconds.