Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Castlevania Symphony of the Night
supernorst
Post Castlevania Symphony of the Night
on: October 22, 2012, 14:26

The saturn version of this game is much better than the PS1 version in my opinion. The music sounds much clearer than the PS1 version, and it has more area's too. The only downsides area bit of lag from time to time. Also the animation on Alucard turning into a bat, or into mist sucks quite bad.

wildbird51-
Pro
Post Re: Castlevania Symphony of the Night
on: October 22, 2012, 15:41

Don't forget, that you could start playing as Richter or Maria right from the start.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

metallicat-
84_2003
Beginner
on: October 22, 2012, 18:27

Hmm I always thought the Saturn version wasn't good may have to give it a try sometime

lancevance-
on: October 22, 2012, 21:51

its just too bad that this great game is 80+dollars!!!!!!!

wildbird51-
Pro
on: October 23, 2012, 00:21

You can always snipe it for 20-30 bucks on eBay.

Razor
on: October 23, 2012, 15:16

I always heard the Saturn version was worse than the PS1 version, I may have to take a look at the both of them to see.

Visit my website for Retro and Modern gaming news, reviews and videos @ http://www.retrogameshelf.com
Fans of Minecraft and gaming Let's Plays may also want to check out my other channel, Moroncraft @ http://www.youtube.com/user/Moroncraft

wildbird51-
Pro
on: October 23, 2012, 15:19

Quote from Razor on October 23, 2012, 15:16
I always heard the Saturn version was worse than the PS1 version, I may have to take a look at the both of them to see.

The Saturn version is bigger than the PS1 version, but there are a few graphical bugs that start pissing you off right from the start.

numberedey-
es
on: October 23, 2012, 22:26

there are also issues with transparencies its really unfortunate that the saturn has the technical ability to outshine the ps1 (with 2d) but it just didn't come through with this title.

The overall experience is said to be better on the ps1 but if you really love the game and want to experience more then the saturn version will give you that, with some exclusives. (Maria I think was only in the saturn game as a playable character, as well as a few new weapons and locations on the map)

neshead80
on: November 20, 2012, 11:54

I loved SOTN so much on PS1 that I actually bought a Saturn & Converter at that time just to play it with the bonus content. I would say it pales a bit graphically compared to the PS1 version but it wasn't that big of a difference.

http://www.youtube.com/neshead80

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.354 seconds.