Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 3DS RPGs
Mr_Orange
Post 3DS RPGs
on: October 23, 2012, 02:03

I've just picked up a 3DS XL at a good price as an upgrade to my DS lite and I was wondering what 3DS specific RPGs you guys would recommend. So far I've got Ocarina of Time and I'm looking to get Tales of the Abyss.

Jinx
Beginner
Post Re: 3DS RPGs
on: October 23, 2012, 03:24

I don't think there are many RPGs for the 3DS in general yet. It was still a relatively new system even before the XL models came out. I mostly play regular DS RPGs on my 3DS-XL. Got to love the larger screen. 😀

--------------------
My Consoles: PS3, PS2 slim, PS2 slim (JPN), PSOne, Xbox 360 slim, Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis 2 & 3, Game Gear, Wii U, Wii, GameCube, Game Boy, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, 3DS-XL, SNES 2, 3DO, CD-i, Neo Geo CD (JPN), Neo Geo Pocket (JPN)
My Arcades: Hard Drivin', Nintendo Playchoice 10, Nintendo Red Tent, Batman (1990), Neo Geo MVS (2-slot)

FirehouseG-
ames
Advanced
on: October 23, 2012, 04:11

Monster Hunter 3 is kind of an RPG right?

Retro Reviews by me 😀 - http://www.youtube.com/firehousegames

"It's not clear to me what to do with that Pong machine"

Symphony
Beginner
on: October 23, 2012, 12:15

Ummmm I believe you got most of them already.

There is an action rpg which is kinda like a Diablo lite called Heroes of Ruin, its a pretty decent game if you can find it cheap.

Harvest Moon is sorta rpg-ish.

Code of Princess is a side scrolling beat'em up with RPG elements like leveling up and some gear. Its made by some of the people that made Guardian Heroes.

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance is really good if you like the KH series. I don't even like the series that much but enjoy the game.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked is another but I haven't ever played it.

Paper Mario comes out on Nov 11th.

Believe thats all unless you live in Japan.

Noviomega
on: October 23, 2012, 13:19

Tales of the Abyss is awesome! I can highly recommend it 🙂

VannThousa-
nd
on: October 23, 2012, 19:58

Mr_Orange. I highly suggest Tales of the abyss.
Heroes of ruin is a dungeon crawler with classes, action-based gameplay and a lot of rpg elements, i do recommend it a lot.
Also, there's some good experiences on the eShop. The "Denpa-men", an rpg on the eShop, its actually harder than it looks (it looks really childish) and do requires strategy to beat it.
Thats all i can say about the subject (:

Mr_Orange
on: October 24, 2012, 01:36

Thanks for the recommendations! I shall do some looking around.

wildbird51-
Pro
on: October 24, 2012, 03:04

Code of Princess is way beyond awesome!

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

Mr_Orange
on: October 24, 2012, 03:21

I've just looked up Code of Princess and it's not available in my region (UK) with no confirmed date for release 🙁 Damn you region lock!!!!

Richard
on: October 26, 2012, 22:23

Doesn't seem to be living up to the DS RPG craze at all :(. The Vita isn't either, at least not in the US. I have tales of the abyss, which was very good. I think I got 15 hours or so into that game. Honestly, I am glad I have a copy of the game, but in hindsight I would rather play it on the ps2.

Code of Princess seems good from what I have heard, but it has its faults. Not really much here, unless you are looking into original ds games also because that opens up a lot of options for you.

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.395 seconds.