Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pier Solar
Mr_Orange
Post Pier Solar
on: October 23, 2012, 04:10

I managed to get my grubby mits on a reprint. I remember seeing John's live stream of it and it looks great. Unfortunately I don't have a mega cd so I can't get the better soundtrack.

Has anyone else got this?

wildbird51-
Pro
Post Re: Pier Solar
on: October 23, 2012, 12:07

I really want to get it, but I don't have Mega CD.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

Mr_Orange
on: October 25, 2012, 04:14

As far as I know you can play it without the MegaCD but you wouldn't get the enhanced soundtrack.

wildbird51-
Pro
on: October 25, 2012, 11:20

Hm, I gotta get me some.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

lancevance-
on: December 2, 2012, 01:31

They are remaking this in hd for dreamcast and xbox360. And re-releasing it on Genesis with more content.

InnovaX5
Advanced
on: December 3, 2012, 11:53

Pier Solar for Genesis/MD is worth every single cent you pay for a copy. I highly recommend picking one up if you have the money before next year when the HD version comes out. If for no other reason than to be able to enjoy the Director's Cut in HD even more than you would have if you were new to the game.

Its my favorite RPG from the 16 bit era ever. Topping all other titles in my opinion, I really can't praise this game enough. Rich story, lush graphics and an amazing soundtrack. You do not have to own a Mega / Sega CD to play the cartridge. If you have one, its just icing on the cake that gives the already amazing soundtrack a face lift.

Pier Solar HD is coming out next year for the Xbox 360, PC / Mac / Linux, Android / Ouya, Sega Dreamcast, and the Wii U. It will include the Director's Cut of the game, un-lockable boss battles and of course HD graphics along with a re-mastered soundtrack. The Dreamcast version is getting VMU support and the 360 version will have Trophies to unlock.

The Genesis / MD is NOT getting any changes from what I understand but there are a few copies of the original release (not reprint) of the game which will be signed by the team up for grabs on the Kickstarter that is ending shortly which you can pick up packed with a Collector's Edition of Pier Solar HD of your choice and a limited edition poster for $500. These copies will be the highest desired versions of the classic Pier Solar so if you've got the cash and you want a very unique copy of the game like myself, this is a must have.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.256 seconds.