Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: SNES rpgs
metallicat-
84_2003
Beginner
Post SNES rpgs
on: October 24, 2012, 13:14

What is everybody's fav rpg on the snes mine hands down is Chrono Trigger. To me this is a perfect old school rpg and one that is fun to grind on, for me it is at least. The music is great, characters are interesting, graphics are gorgeous and it is wildly accessable now through the snes, DS, Wii Virtual Console, Playstation 1, Playstation Network & if your desperate enough...mobile phones

wildbird51-
Pro
Post Re: SNES rpgs
on: October 24, 2012, 13:18

Final Fantasy III (the original FFIII, not the US version)

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

Mr_Orange
on: October 25, 2012, 04:16

FF6 and Terranigma are a few that I really enjoyed. The DS version of CT is in my pile of shame at the moment.

Xeldum
on: October 25, 2012, 10:10

My favorite has to be Earthbound, I just love everything about it; The game just oozes style. And to top it all off, the soundtrack rocks!

Some of other favorite RPG'S on the system include:
Dragon Quest 1+2, 3
Final Fantasy 4,5,6
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana, 3
Secret of Evermore
Live a live
Dragon Ball Z: Legend of the Super Saiyan

The Super Nintendo honestly has one of the best RPG library's imo.

wildbird51-
Pro
on: October 25, 2012, 11:31

I've never played Chrono Trigger. I know, that I must play it, but I have no time.

Jinx
Beginner
on: October 25, 2012, 13:14

Super Mario RPG. It was my first RPG actually. I played it because it had Mario in it. That's when I discovered the love of RPGs in general.

--------------------
My Consoles: PS3, PS2 slim, PS2 slim (JPN), PSOne, Xbox 360 slim, Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis 2 & 3, Game Gear, Wii U, Wii, GameCube, Game Boy, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, 3DS-XL, SNES 2, 3DO, CD-i, Neo Geo CD (JPN), Neo Geo Pocket (JPN)
My Arcades: Hard Drivin', Nintendo Playchoice 10, Nintendo Red Tent, Batman (1990), Neo Geo MVS (2-slot)

wildbird51-
Pro
on: October 25, 2012, 13:17

Quote from Jinx on October 25, 2012, 13:14
Super Mario RPG. It was my first RPG actually. I played it because it had Mario in it. That's when I discovered the love of RPGs in general.

Does it have FF feal or is it something different?

Xeldum
on: October 25, 2012, 14:33

Quote from wildbird5150 on October 25, 2012, 13:17

It doesn't really feel like final fantasy. It's a lot closer to a game like Paper Mario if you've played that.

Here's some gameplay if you want an idea of how the game is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fib3jiuYu8&feature=relmfu

64bitmatth-
ew
on: October 25, 2012, 21:27

mine would have to be super mario rpg as well. which is kind of funny, cause before i played it i thought that it would just be a mediocre rpg with mario tossed in to help it sell. but its a really well built, fun rpg.

wildbird51-
Pro
on: October 25, 2012, 22:00

Quote from Xeldum on October 25, 2012, 14:33

Quote from wildbird5150 on October 25, 2012, 13:17

It doesn't really feel like final fantasy. It's a lot closer to a game like Paper Mario if you've played that.

Here's some gameplay if you want an idea of how the game is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fib3jiuYu8&feature=relmfu

I gotta get me one of these for my Super Famicom.

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.416 seconds.