Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Amiga nostalgia trip
Mr_Orange
Post Amiga nostalgia trip
on: October 25, 2012, 02:43

With the advent of GOG there have been a few PC versions of games that I use to play on my Amiga. Stuff like Super Frog and Cannon Fodder took me right back.

My first proper computer was an Amiga A500+. Someone told me about the battery issue so I took it apart a few months ago and haven't put it back together yet. Maybe a job for a rainy day. I'd love to play games like Turrican 2 again!

MetalJesus-
Rocks
Administrator
Post Re: Amiga nostalgia trip
on: October 25, 2012, 08:13

When I was in high school, I always drooled over people who had an Amiga...as I only had the C64. I'm sure you are familiar with http://www.lemonamiga.com/. I love looking through their screenshots and seeing all the 8bit pretty!

Retro Gaming with a Heavy Metal Soundtrack
http://www.youtube.com/MetalJesusRocks

Kharnivore-
on: November 17, 2012, 19:07

I play Fire & Ice a lot, a great platformer with some pretty cool mechanics. Can be a bit "floaty" in the contols department but still holds up really well. Got a bitching poster for it in the box too, in fact a lot of my games seem to have posters. Mainly the Codemasters titles like Dizzy, Micro Machines and Cosmic Spacehead.

James Pond II: Robocod is a good laugh and something i play every Christmas. Its nothing like the versions made for PS1 onwards...they are completely different and have none of the original levels.

I miss playing a lot of the Point and click adventures on the Amiga too, but generally its just easier to run the PC version on DosBox or ScummVM. Then i dont have to swap out the 12 disks it needs to run... 😕

maverickbn-
a
on: December 20, 2012, 19:12

OOOO, I *so* wanted an Amiga when I was young! The C64 got me introduced to it, and the Amiga tracker music I still have a soft spot for.

*ANYONE* who loves 16-bit gaming, in *ANY* form, should check out the games on the Amiga!

Caseofglas-
s
on: June 13, 2014, 16:07

There are so many quality games on Amiga that needs to be check out:

Moonstone (some said that is Amiga version of games like Dark Souls, dark and gorey)
It Came from the Desert (spoof of old B Movies)
Turrican 1 and 2 (one of the best Amiga games)
Black Crypt (Dungeon crawler, first game by Raven Software)
Fate: Gates of Dawn (one of the most compelling RPG games...too damn long. I never finished it)

and that's just some of many. Amiga was great platform and had myriad of really great games

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.212 seconds.