Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game System Storage Solutions
Zerorob
Post Game System Storage Solutions
on: October 26, 2012, 18:58

Has anyone came up with a creative way to store your systems, Perhaps store is the wrong word, A shelving system ? to hold all there systems in plugged in working order ? What do you do with the controllers ?

Im trying to come up with a creative way to house all my systems either under or beside my tv in a fashion that keeps the wires organized in behind, has them all hooked up so no messing around, And I can leave the controllers plugged in.

Actually as I am writing this, I may have come up with an idea. Ill sketch it out and share it.

64bitmatth-
ew
Post Re: Game System Storage Solutions
on: October 26, 2012, 19:02

i personally have 4 systems hooked up to my tv at a time, and rotate through my systems. i find that way its not too cluttered, but usually out of the 4, there is one i want to play. i usually swap a different system or two in every 2 weeks or so. i also just use a quality powerbar and av switchbox, and everything works together nicely. it also saves on space, as my gameroom is already a bit cramped lol

PGen98
Advanced
on: October 26, 2012, 23:05

At this point in time I have 8 of my systems hooked up (without controllers, controllers are kept in a drawer underneath my tv) and ready to go. It's probably not the most practical solution, but it works. I have a metal ladder sort of shelving unit that I keep most of my active consoles on, then an Xbox 360 storage tower which houses my 360 and a few games, all hooked up to a surge protector with the AV cables hooked up to an AV switch that I can go between when I want a different console. It really depends how many consoles you want hooked up at any given time (realistically, they don't all need to be plugged in, and can be rotated), and what your setup looks like. There are solutions for just about everything, so what works for one person might not work for another.

Zerorob
on: October 29, 2012, 14:43

I never thought about rotating them, Thats actually a good idea. I have a fair bit of room to work with.
So I wanted to create a shelving unit that would hold 8 - 10 consoles. Have a recessed backing plate so the wires can be hidden well and the unit can be pushed flush against the wall. I was thinking a large drawer underneith for all the controllers.
I also had this idea of a little U hook type think, screwed into the front and the controllers rest on it for each system. But that might start to look cluttered. and obstructive. It also leaves the matter of dealing with the cords.

Clecio
Advanced
on: December 21, 2012, 20:10

It is really a good question. Specially because I live in a small apartment.

I just have the system I'm playing at the moment hooked up on the TV.

For the consoles I put them on a vertical hack, but Im considering to build shelves, I did not decide if in wood or glass. Im with no room anymore. It stays on my living room.

I cover my consoles with plastic film (that one we use to put things in the freezer) to avoid dust. Its easy to cover and cheap.

The games I put on the TV hack wich have compartments with doors.

And for the wires and most of joypads I bought transluced plastic bags with zipers. They're A4 size or bigger. I labeled them all and organized in one of my book shelves in another room.

gamerdavid
on: December 1, 2013, 08:22

For controllers we use on of those cube storage shelves. Each cube is for a system or companies stuff. So a Atari cube, Nintendo cube and so on. Works pretty well and the cubes are huge for holding controllers.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.276 seconds.