Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: gold pokemon cards
64bitmatth-
ew
Post gold pokemon cards
on: October 27, 2012, 14:40

Hi everyone. I didn't know where exactly to put this topic, so if its out of place, feel free to move it mods.

Today I went to an indoor garage sale, and while I found a few games, I was most excited to find these:

I remember having one or two of these when I was growing up, so I thought they would be cool to have on a shelf in the gameroom now. I have had a few loose ones, but never any still sealed ones like these. I believe there were 6 different cards, and they came in red or blue boxes. I can't remember where people originally could buy these Were they found in stores, or given away like happy meal toys, or ? They brought back a bit of nostalgia for me, so I wanted to see if anyone else on the forums had (or has) any of these as well. Thanks!

oh, and in case anyone was wondering, I paid 50 cents a piece for them, so that helped add to my excitement for them 🙂

PGen98
Advanced
Post Re: gold pokemon cards
on: October 27, 2012, 15:32

I had every single one of them when they first came out. I think I still have one or two of them in storage, but I can't for the life of me remember where they were originally distributed (I want to say McDonalds, but that might be wrong). Good find for $.50 each!

wildbird51-
Pro
on: October 27, 2012, 15:33

What's inside the ball?

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

PGen98
Advanced
on: October 27, 2012, 15:40

If I'm remembering correctly, it's just a stand for the gold cards. I don't believe there was anything else inside, but it's been years since I've even seen them, so I might be wrong.

adamcook71-
on: October 27, 2012, 20:28

They came from Mcdonalds, the pokeballs did contain the gold cards, i recently found the gold poliwhirl card in the plastic casing with the certificate of authenticity but no box or pokeball they are probably long gone.

64bitmatth-
ew
on: October 27, 2012, 23:51

yep each box contains a pokeball, which holds a 23k gold pokemon card, with a letter of authenticity

wildbird51-
Pro
on: October 28, 2012, 09:26

http://youtu.be/XeoB1voCit4

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

64bitmatth-
ew
on: October 28, 2012, 12:56

Quote from wildbird5150 on October 28, 2012, 09:26
http://youtu.be/XeoB1voCit4

lol i gotta find a copy of shoe

RetroGameF-
ox
Advanced
on: October 28, 2012, 18:12

I had one of those when I was a kid. Still have 2 somewhere.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.376 seconds.