Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game Gear TV Adapter
gamester81
Administrator
Post Game Gear TV Adapter
on: October 27, 2012, 22:41

What did you guys think about the Game Gear TV adapter back in the day? I felt back when it came out that it was really cool and innovative. Too bad that it's obsolete in most of the US today.

Outlaw
Beginner
Post Re: Game Gear TV Adapter
on: October 28, 2012, 00:39

It was a nifty little add-on for sure! Especially since portable T.V's we really expensive themselves back in the 90's even.

Switching between Sonic and T.V was what made me the cool kid on the block, haha.

FirehouseG-
ames
Advanced
on: October 28, 2012, 04:04

TV was much cooler back in the day. I never owned a game gear since I wasen't in control of my own economi back then. But I read about the game gear and the sega freak I was I just couldn't understand why everybody got a Game Boy (damn Tetris) 🙂

Now I own a tv tuner for my game gear but it doesn't work...

Another cool peripheral for the GG was the Magnifying glass! That still works. That screen beats the psp with that peripheral!

Retro Reviews by me 😀 - http://www.youtube.com/firehousegames

"It's not clear to me what to do with that Pong machine"

gamester81
Administrator
on: November 13, 2012, 22:19

Quote from FirehouseGames on October 28, 2012, 04:04
TV was much cooler back in the day. I never owned a game gear since I wasen't in control of my own economi back then. But I read about the game gear and the sega freak I was I just couldn't understand why everybody got a Game Boy (damn Tetris) 🙂

Now I own a tv tuner for my game gear but it doesn't work...

Another cool peripheral for the GG was the Magnifying glass! That still works. That screen beats the psp with that peripheral!

LOL I totally remember that magnifying device for the GG, and I also had one for the Game Boy as well with a built in light too.

Symphony
Beginner
on: November 17, 2012, 14:49

I always was interested in the thing when I was a kid lol. You'd see pics or commercials of it with like a crystal clear picture which I highly doubt with even the best signal. Did they even work well at all?

Clecio
Advanced
on: December 2, 2012, 21:19

I bought an yellow Game Gear a couple of months ago and found out it the TV Adapter doesn't work on it. So, I got a black model and put it into it. 2013 will be the last year of analógic signal on Brazil. And ... Yes! I liked. The GG screen doesn't help too much, but I will wath the Confederations Cup on it. A great add on for 90's.
I also have a Game Boy Light, but it is unopened, than Im watching another one. A third part one, with speakers.
I could not afford a Game Gear when I was a kid. I loved my Game Boy but always hated his lack of lite. Now, everything is fine.

InnovaX5
Advanced
on: December 3, 2012, 13:39

I think its proof that Sega was just too far ahead of their time. They really had cutting edge technology that never really caught on due to the price tags slapped onto them. Sad really, the market could be so different had the console wars turned out differently.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.298 seconds.