Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help with PS1 mod not working?
dodge2461
Post Help with PS1 mod not working?
on: November 17, 2012, 16:00

Hello. I'm not sure if you guys can help me, but hopefully you can.

So while I was on vacation, I saw a Japanese Playstation 1, mode SCPH-3000. I decided to pick it up because the PlayStation brand is my favorite, and it's japanese, and that's just cool. When I got home, I opened it up to see if it had a modchip in it. It did. So I went and plugged it in. I put Silent Hill into the system, it spun up, but it did not read(while waiting at the home menu, the little selector would lag). I thought this could possibly be caused by the disc drive, but to be sure, I put a CD in, and restarted the system. It worked perfectly. I then did some research on the internet, and read that my certain chip may only be able to read burned copies of imported games. So I made a backup of Silent Hill(I wrote the disc at 4x, so it took a while), and... It didn't work. I then put the backup into my Mac with PCSX-R(which is still in beta and has not worked for many of my PSX games) and it worked perfectly. I then thought it could be Silent Hill, having maybe some corrupted data on the disc, so I pooped it into my PS2 and PS3 Slim. It worked perfectly on them both(other than that annoying tone that plays when you shoot something in SH on the PS3, but that's a problem with the emulation, not the disc). So now, me and my dad are starting to think that the mod chip is the culprit, but since this is my first modded console, and my dad dosen't know that much about mod chips, we don't know what to do. Could someone possibly give us a hint on what's wrong? Thanks in advance!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.1 seconds.