Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Who picked up a Wii U?
gamester81
Administrator
Post Who picked up a Wii U?
on: November 17, 2012, 20:50

Who was able to pick up a Wii U, and what are your thoughts about it?

hex1gon
Beginner
Post Re: Who picked up a Wii U?
on: November 18, 2012, 03:13

Would like to thank you for the live video of the Wii U man.
Apart from the annoying update, was fun watching you play some 16-bit to pass the time. Enjoyed talking to many other users on there that got sidetracked and started chatting about the XBOX :p
Looking forward to your next live stream 🙂

An Australian who loves the XBOX way too much:
hexigon.blogspot.com.au

oinuttr
on: November 18, 2012, 18:09

I picked a Deluxe system, and I gotta say I wasn't expecting Nintendo Land to be as addicting as it was. The the web browser is really nice, and it easily has the best Netflix app for a game system. I'm still getting used to the whole interface, but the more I play around with it the more I find little things in the design that are just really convenient.

The only other game I got for it was Nano Assault Neo from the eShop, which is awesome, but out of the games you got which one would you recommend the most? I'll probably only get one for now until this semester's over and I have more time.

Jinx
Beginner
on: November 18, 2012, 19:34

I tried but failed miserably. The local stores had basic units in stock but I passed on those.

--------------------
My Consoles: PS3, PS2 slim, PS2 slim (JPN), PSOne, Xbox 360 slim, Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis 2 & 3, Game Gear, Wii U, Wii, GameCube, Game Boy, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, 3DS-XL, SNES 2, 3DO, CD-i, Neo Geo CD (JPN), Neo Geo Pocket (JPN)
My Arcades: Hard Drivin', Nintendo Playchoice 10, Nintendo Red Tent, Batman (1990), Neo Geo MVS (2-slot)

gamester81
Administrator
on: November 18, 2012, 19:44

Overall I find the Wii U OK. It's not groundbreaking in my personal opinion, and very much just feels like a Wii in HD. Still though, I'm sure that Nintendo will come out with some great games for it. We'll see how the 3rd party games are. I've heard Zombie U is not good, and from my experiences playing it, I'd have to agree.

majinpower-
s
on: November 18, 2012, 23:02

I got the Deluxe model with Nintendo Land and also picked up New Super Mario Bros. U and ZombiU. Overall I am really impressed with the console. The controller surprisingly feels very nice in your hands and never made my hands cramp or get tired. The update was a pain but that's to be expected on launch day with as many people trying to update there console as there was.

I spent most of my time playing New Super Mario Bros. today and so far I am loving the game. there isn't a lot to say about it to be honest... Its a launch title so the graphics isn't going to be ground breaking or anything but the game play is spot on and being able to leave notes about the levels is a fun little extra.

I haven't even opened Nintendo Land yet but plan to dive into it today after work.

gamester81
Administrator
on: November 19, 2012, 18:06

Quote from majinpowers on November 18, 2012, 23:02
I got the Deluxe model with Nintendo Land and also picked up New Super Mario Bros. U and ZombiU. Overall I am really impress with the console. The controller surprisingly feels very nice in your hands and never made my hands cramp or get tired. The update was a pain but that's to be expected on launch day with as many people trying to update there console as there was.

I spent most of my time playing New Super Mario Bros. today and so far I am loving the game. there isn't a lot to say about it to be honest... Its a launch title so the graphics isn't going to be ground breaking or anything but the game play is spot on and being able to leave notes about the levels is a fun little extra.

I haven't even opened Nintendo Land yet but plan to dive into it today after work.

I agree New SMBU is really fun, and I think you'll really enjoy Nintendo Land as well. I particularly like the DK mini stage. 😀

IronBuddha
on: November 22, 2012, 13:02

I called Sunday morning to all department stores and they told me they all sold out the first 20 minutes. Went online to Walmart and bought a bundle that came with the Deluxe and 2 games, I got NSMB and ZombieU. They shipped the games separately so the games won't be in until Saturday but I got the system yesterday, which was pretty cool it only took 3 days just in time before a holiday. So I only have Nintendoland at the moment. I also got lucky on the update because overall it only took 30-35 minutes. The game is surprisingly very addictive for how simple it is. I did come across one problem, the game froze on me at one point, it wouldn't let me power down or anything, I had to pull the plug. A few visitors on my Nintendoland have on their post that the game froze for them as well at some point, sometimes more then once. Just hoping it's not a common problem.

Jmeon4eva
Advanced
on: November 22, 2012, 13:24

From what i hear it's been happening alot, more than you'd expect from Nintendo. I will eventually get the WII U, but just not right now, i'll wait till the second or third wave of WII U's

"Take my love, take my land, take me where i cannot stand, I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."

gamester81
Administrator
on: November 22, 2012, 14:48

Quote from Jmeon4eva on November 22, 2012, 13:24
From what i hear it's been happening alot, more than you'd expect from Nintendo. I will eventually get the WII U, but just not right now, i'll wait till the second or third wave of WII U's

I just hope it doesn't take a year to find one like the original Wii was.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.368 seconds.