Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fans of Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2, & any FF
Jmeon4eva
Advanced
Post Fans of Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2, & any FF
on: November 22, 2012, 13:35

Okay i have both, i haven't finished XIII yet, i got both at the same time in June. Was wondering if i should just go ahead on to XIII-2, or finish XIII then do XIII-2, and hope i finish it before Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII? I'm actually impressed with it, then again i have a slightly different view of the games, and of RPG's, as my first RPG was the Kotor series of games. For all FFVII fans who HATE XIII, first, to me anyway, the story is a very engaging story, i actually want to fight beside them, especially after the, to me, dissapointment that XII was from a gameplay schematic point of view. Yes the story of XII was a great one, but i CAN'T get over the fact you have to literally run up to you're enemies to do ANY action to them.

Anyway, who here likes XIII and XIII-2? Matter of fact ANY FF game?

"Take my love, take my land, take me where i cannot stand, I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."

LuzZelenia
Pro
Post Re: Fans of Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2, & any FF
on: November 22, 2012, 19:41

Well, I haven't beaten XIII, I only played the first few hours at my brothers house and I haven't played XIII-2 at all but what I played I enjoyed. I don't think it's nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I don't think any final fantasy game is really bad though. I can't say that with 100% confidence though since I haven't played all of them, though I have played all the final fantasies that are usually regarded as bad (II, VIII, X, X-2, XII) except for XIII and XIV.

As for XII, i actually quite enjoyed that game. Unlike you, I thought the story was where it was lacking, the gameplay was allright, it takes a bit to get used to but I ended up liking it in the end. The story was predictable, the character design was disappointing and uninspired. What I did like about the game was its freeness and it's many side quests. So many people complain about side quests but I like them, so I was very satisfied while playing XiI. I really fealt like I got my money's worth with how many hours I spent playing the game. The side quests turned this 40 hour game into a 200+ hour game. The side quests yielded satisfying and worth while rewards as well.

Jmeon4eva
Advanced
on: November 22, 2012, 21:41

Hopefully Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII will be a great mash-up of the best of the first two XIII games. I have heard the story in XIII-2 is not as good, but gameplay in the fact it was more sandbox style than the first, was better, more refined. Personally, i don't see myself getting rid of XIII, XIII-2, or LRFFXIII.

"Take my love, take my land, take me where i cannot stand, I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."

Jmeon4eva
Advanced
on: November 22, 2012, 22:11

Thought i'd post this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXR05K1OOug

PGen98
Advanced
on: November 22, 2012, 22:17

I've only just gotten into XIII, but it's quite an interesting game. Considering the last FF I played was VII, the series has certainly grown up a bit ;). I'm not displeased with XIII, but I'm not far enough into it to really gauge it, either.

LuzZelenia
Pro
on: November 22, 2012, 22:30

Quote from Jmeon4eva on November 22, 2012, 22:11

Wow, I'm surprised I haven't heard about this yet (actually, not that surprised since I don't keep up with modern gaming news).

From what the video tells me, it seems quite interesting. I feel like allot of the older fans are gonna have a cow that they're making another sequel to final fantasy XIII and it's such a departure from the classic JRPG formula but I'm ok with it. It's too early to really form an opinion on though.

Jmeon4eva
Advanced
on: November 22, 2012, 22:31

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXbeHDN_Kx8 Another, the "reveal" presentation for LRFFXIII

Jmeon4eva
Advanced
on: November 22, 2012, 22:35

Quote from LuzZelenia on November 22, 2012, 22:30

Quote from Jmeon4eva on November 22, 2012, 22:11

Wow, I'm surprised I haven't heard about this yet (actually, not that surprised since I don't keep up with modern gaming news).

From what the video tells me, it seems quite interesting. I feel like allot of the older fans are gonna have a cow that they're making another sequel to final fantasy XIII and it's such a departure from the classic JRPG formula but I'm ok with it. It's too early to really form an opinion on though.

I know, but at the same time, their introducing things we've been mumbling, and murmuring about for a while, deeper connection to the characters, deeper plot, pressure that this might just BE the end. Personally i plan to pre-order the CE for it, for multiple reasons, one is this could very well be the last FF on Xbox. Hopefully not, i'd love to see it on NeXBOX, i refuse to call it 720 till Microsoft reveals it as that, so why not? lol

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.296 seconds.