Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sports Games Discussion
kerran156
Post Sports Games Discussion
on: November 30, 2012, 00:50

Hi guys,
I recently brought a mega drive (I'm in a PAL region) and it came with Newman/Haas Indy car racing, jewel master, and NBA showdown '94. I know these are all pretty average games but I've been playing NBA showdown quite a lot and I'm beginning to wonder why everyone dislikes sports games on the genesis? Ive been enjoying NBA showdown quite a bit yet its rated as one of the lower rated NBA games, why is this? I found the controls surprisingly smooth for a d-pad and the game play is great and very challenging , even on the easiest difficulty.

Any thoughts? Hope I haven't bored you out of your minds reading this 😛

Kerran

Buried On-
Mars
Advanced
Post Re: Sports Games Discussion
on: December 3, 2012, 20:46

Maybe it was different in your region, but in Canada EA's NHL was a huge system seller. I know a lot dudes that bought that system just for the sports games back in the day.

Check out my disastrously clever youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BuriedOnMars/

Clecio
Advanced
on: December 4, 2012, 18:34

The best basketball game, in my opinion, for Genesis, is Lakers vs. Celtics. Concerning to NBA Showdown, to me it is a medium game. Not bad. Far better than the '92 Dream Team game (also from EA). But brazilians rather soccer games. Just a few play NFL, NCAA, NBL and so on. Althought I like baseball games.

kerran156
on: December 6, 2012, 23:35

Thanks for all the replies, been playing Nba showdown non stop!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.202 seconds.