Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PSP problems
Jmeon4eva
Advanced
Post PSP problems
on: November 30, 2012, 18:15

So when i try to connect my PSP to my laptop through usb, my anti-virus comes up with a message saying it's sensing a trojin, and to disinfect/reboot. I immediately do that, and disconnect my psp. I have files on there, music and such, that i cannot get any other way, but i refuse to infect my laptop. I don't want to wipe my memory stick though. What should i do?

"Take my love, take my land, take me where i cannot stand, I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."

MetalJesus-
Rocks
Administrator
Post Re: PSP problems
on: December 1, 2012, 10:06

I have a hard time believing your PSP is infected with a virus... but maybe you accidentally copied one over while moving files back and forth.

...or it could be a False/Positive and the virus software is wrong because it doesn't understand what it is looking at.

Retro Gaming with a Heavy Metal Soundtrack
http://www.youtube.com/MetalJesusRocks

InnovaX5
Advanced
on: December 1, 2012, 10:10

Are you running Norton? That could be your problem.

wildbird51-
Pro
on: December 2, 2012, 11:01

I had the same problem with a brand new PSP when I connected it to my friend's PC. I think that it's a glitch.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

Jmeon4eva
Advanced
on: December 2, 2012, 20:34

Well it says it's a win something something trojan. And i have Kaspersky anti-virus

"Take my love, take my land, take me where i cannot stand, I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."

wildbird51-
Pro
on: December 2, 2012, 23:50

Never trust a Russian.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

Outlaw
Beginner
on: December 3, 2012, 00:46

Does it give a location of the file? I know with McAfee if it detects something it will show the location after it was quarantined.

If it does just look for that single file and delete/quarantine it. My best guess is what MetalJesus has said you could've copied one over or just a false positive.

I've a seen similar problems and it turned out to be a music file which was the virus because it came from Limewire, Frostwire, etc.

Jmeon4eva
Advanced
on: December 3, 2012, 12:38

I did delete all my limewire songs though. But i'll check again

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.311 seconds.