Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Strangest Way You Had to Retro Game
RetroGameF-
ox
Advanced
Post Strangest Way You Had to Retro Game
on: November 30, 2012, 19:17

When I was a kid. I had this little 5" black and white TV that I had to use becasue my mom took away my color TV. So for me to game, i had to hook my NES to my TV. It was a fun method. Infact, I used it so I could game on the go, on trips. Would hook the NES up to th eTV in the Car and use a 12v-9v adapter so I could plug my NES into the car. Worked great and was a lot of fun. I also made alittle club house that I had taht TV in and I of course my NES in there. It was almost ruined by water when it rained and my little house flooded.

LuzZelenia
Pro
Post Re: Strangest Way You Had to Retro Game
on: November 30, 2012, 19:24

I don't really have any good strange way to game stories. When I was little I used to make forts and play my video games inside them. That's pretty much it.

clamcakes
on: December 1, 2012, 20:59

I remember in high school one of my goofball friends was running an SNES off a battery and had it hooked up to a portable tv in his backpack so we could play Street Fighter II in the cafeteria.

Clecio
Advanced
on: December 21, 2012, 19:36

Quote from RetroGameFox on November 30, 2012, 19:17
When I was a kid. I had this little 5" black and white TV that I had to use becasue my mom took away my color TV. So for me to game, i had to hook my NES to my TV. It was a fun method. Infact, I used it so I could game on the go, on trips. Would hook the NES up to th eTV in the Car and use a 12v-9v adapter so I could plug my NES into the car. Worked great and was a lot of fun. I also made alittle club house that I had taht TV in and I of course my NES in there. It was almost ruined by water when it rained and my little house flooded.

You just invented the LCD attachment and did not know. I used to do the same, probably using the same B&W 5" TV. But instead, I used my 2600 to play Berzerk (I really believed that game had an end). I still have my old B&W 5" TV. Good remembrance. Nice.

thekyle043-
on: February 7, 2013, 20:54

When I first got my genesis, I didn't realize it came with an RF cable and not AV. So I had to plug that into a VHS player and then plug the AV cables from that into my tv. It worked, but I could never get the audio to come out.

Jmeon4eva
Advanced
on: February 7, 2013, 22:09

playing KOTOR on my original XBOX, at nighttime, before class, with sound set to 2-4, and proped on my elbow. slept through many a class because of that lol.

"Take my love, take my land, take me where i cannot stand, I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."

wildbird51-
Pro
on: February 8, 2013, 09:09

When I was a kid the classes were starting somewhere around 9AM and I would always wake up around 5AM to play D on my Saturn or Panzer Dragoon. That was awesome. These days I wake up at 6AM and play some Star Ocean before going to work. Still awesome.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

MagnaFarce
on: April 15, 2013, 19:58

I bought a famiclone with a bunch of built-in games at a thrift store some time ago and found out that it had a PAL signal, so whenever I want to play it I have to hook it up to my 'worldwide' VCR to convert the signal to NTSC.

Sometimes I also whip out the ol' radio/TV combo and play the Atari or Intellivision through the little black and white screen simply because I think it's rad.

Nothing too our there.

Bahamut_X
on: November 5, 2013, 13:32

Probably one story I have is puling something off that isn't quite what one expects. Oddly enough my story starts off with a fight in gym class where I had my right thumb broken. Sometimes have to love being a lefty, though didn't get me out of exams that year.

At the time had been playing Super Mario Kart on the SNES quite often on the 100 cc difficulty. At one point, I figured out how to play with the right side of the controller in my mouth. Not an easy feat, though somehow my little handicap wasn't really much of one if I could beat 150 cc difficulty without cheating.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.337 seconds.