Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cheetahmen 2 Re-Make
InnovaX5
Advanced
Post Cheetahmen 2 Re-Make
on: December 9, 2012, 22:38

For those that don't know, Cheetahmen 2 was recently funded on Kickstarter by Grieg Pabich. It was a huge ugly controversy all over youtube and the internet. Basically it was the patched Cheetahmen 2 ROM file put onto a physical NES cartridge and bundled with a remake of the box, instructions and action 52 comic book. The thing should be coming out on December 12th.

I was wondering if anyone on the forums here actually donated for a remade copy of the game? If you did, what do you think of it? I wasn't really enthused enough to back it myself, simply not that huge a NES fan in comparison to the Famicom. Also, I'm aware today is December 10th in the good old USA. I just wanted to post the topic before I forgot to 😉

wildbird51-
Pro
Post Re: Cheetahmen 2 Re-Make
on: December 9, 2012, 23:21

Good review:

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

BurningDoo-
m
Advanced
on: December 10, 2012, 00:30

When I first heard about it, I had to ask...why?! Who on Earth wants to play this?!

And why in the heck did cost so much to make a game that was already mostly made?

InnovaX5
Advanced
on: December 10, 2012, 01:38

I gotta agree with ya BurningDoom. This was my exact reaction to it as well. I really can't start to understand how or why the Kickstarter was so successful. In my mind, the real hardcore NES collectors are going to go after the original Cheetahmen II cartridge for the sake of a full NES library. Other people interested in the game have the same hacked ROM put into a cartridge or their own through a cheaper source. Finally you have the NES PowerPak. Why not just put said ROM on that cart. Then you have people who just care about the ROM and play it on an emulator.

I feel I'm missing something here and I would love to see inside someones mind who did buy the kickstarter cartridge. Cause I can't understand how it was a success.

LuzZelenia
Pro
on: December 12, 2012, 14:17

I agree with burningdoom and innivax5, I don't see the appeal. Most casual collectors aren't interests in games like cheetamen 2 because they're notoriously awful and obscenely expensive, and most hardcore collectors won't be interested because a) they want the real thing or b) they would rather get a reproduction cartridge rather than a reproduction cartridge with a hacked rom to have an actual authentic experience of the game. The only people I can imagine getting it are people who have money just burning a hole in their pocket or people who are super hard core collectors who want it just for the sake of having it pretty much. It's pretty neat but I wouldn't get it.

wildbird51-
Pro
on: December 12, 2012, 14:24

I agree with LuzZelenia, but I'd also add c) serious collectors don't collect for the sake of collecting, they always have a criteria and I don't know what criteria Cheetamen 2 fits in. It's like buying a CD-R with a remastered bootleg of John Fogerty. What's the point?

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.258 seconds.