Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Achievements
Clecio
Advanced
Post Achievements
on: December 12, 2012, 17:56

I started to play Dishonored today. I played for two hours and only got 5G for completing the stage one. Then I took a look at the trophies. Most of them are something like "end the game without allerting anyone".

I confess, I would like to get a lot of trophies, but some of them makes no sense. Instead making you to have fun, they become a torment to achieve. That system of getting rewards is very simple, just google behaviorism. You can Control dogs using it. Thats what softhouses try to do.

But my point is: hard to get achievements is one thing. Nonsense achievements is totally different. Sometimes I feel bad finishing a game without less than 50% completed. Well I'm trying to work my mind to not to care about crazy or, even worse, hidden achievements. I know theres a plenty of guys showing how to do everything on You Tube, but Im really interested leave it behind and just play the best I can.

MetalJesus-
Rocks
Administrator
Post Re: Achievements
on: December 12, 2012, 19:04

I don't think you should feel bad...

To give you an idea: I finished Dishonored on the X360 with 22 of 60 achievements, and completed 37% of the game. I suspect if I play it again, I'll get closer to 50% or 60%, which I'm good with.

Retro Gaming with a Heavy Metal Soundtrack
http://www.youtube.com/MetalJesusRocks

PGen98
Advanced
on: December 12, 2012, 20:31

Achievements aren't something I typically go after, personally. I'm more interested in the story of the game, or having fun with friends than I am with going after achievements that do little more than bump a number that shows up beside my username a tiny bit higher. I have a 15,000+ gamerscore, but that really doesn't mean anything to me.

It's fine if that's what you're interested in, since that's what they're there for, but I typically never finish a game with more than 45 - 50% of the achievements completed, if that.

wildbird51-
Pro
on: December 13, 2012, 04:36

I don't like this thing with achievements. It's like high score of the 21st century. Every game these days is full of that crap, but all I want is just a lot of killing between point A and point B.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

DoctorFeel-
good
Beginner
on: December 13, 2012, 15:03

Unless you are actually unlocking some game content, it doesn't really interest me. Or, if I'm just bored and say, "What the hell?" like, with Limbo's die 5 times or less (I did it btw) that was fun. But something that's just tedious and pointless is boring to me. I think what would be cool was if you could buy stuff for your avatar with G points on XBLA.

I've been having these weird thoughts lately. Like is any of this for real or not?

Clecio
Advanced
on: December 13, 2012, 19:01

Quote from wildbird5150 on December 13, 2012, 04:36
I don't like this thing with achievements. It's like high score of the 21st century. Every game these days is full of that crap, but all I want is just a lot of killing between point A and point B.

I second you. The point is boring achievements should be banned. Because of tons of nonsense achievements you dont get, you think you missed some parts of the game. Im not a pro, I just disagree they want me to Kill 1000 thugs with a Nerf when I have a Glock.

Clecio
Advanced
on: December 13, 2012, 19:03

By the posts above, we all think in the same direction.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.311 seconds.