Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: That classic game you havent played yet
Buried On-
Mars
Advanced
Post That classic game you havent played yet
on: April 23, 2013, 15:06

You know what I'm talking about. That game that has been around forever, is highly regarded by gamers and critics as a classic, and for one reason or another you haven't gotten around to playing it yet. You keep meaning to, but new games keep getting in the way and so it stays on the back burner.

For me it is Chrono Trigger. I had spent a few hours with it on my friends DS copy and really enjoyed it, but unfortunately it was pirated and I couldn't save. I've been holding out to find a proper SNES copy but it's price has climbed beyond what I'm willing to pay. So, I've decided to break down and buy it on the DS or Wii and play it already.

So what's yours? You know there is at least one...

Check out my disastrously clever youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BuriedOnMars/

MetalJesus-
Rocks
Administrator
Post Re: That classic game you havent played yet
on: April 23, 2013, 17:01

Honestly, the DS version of Chrono Trigger is excellent.

For me, I should give Shenmue & Shenmue 2 a serious go...but every time I start those games...I get bored within an hour.

Retro Gaming with a Heavy Metal Soundtrack
http://www.youtube.com/MetalJesusRocks

thekyle043-
on: April 23, 2013, 19:17

I'm actually a little embarrassed to say this, but I have never played Ocarina Of Time. Lol, I actually have it already on the N64, but I just haven't had the time to hook up my N64 and try it. I might just get it on the 3DS and that should push me to finally play it.

PGen98
Advanced
on: April 23, 2013, 23:27

I think the ones that stand out most as classics I haven't played are the Alex Kidd games. Granted, I have played and really loved Alex Kidd in Shinobi World (one of my favourite SMS games -- even more than the actual Shinobi game :D), but the others I just never got around to playing. It was always fascinating to me that each Alex Kidd game was so radically different from the one before it, and I always meant to play them, but never did.

Also always sucked that Sega had this pretty cool mascot and then ditched him. Though, in fairness, Sonic is pretty amazing, too :D.

Quote from MetalJesusRocks on April 23, 2013, 17:01

For me, I should give Shenmue & Shenmue 2 a serious go...but every time I start those games...I get bored within an hour.

I have a real love/hate relationship with the Shenmue games. They're pretty good games once you get into them, but the voice acting...ugh! Some of the lines are so repetitive and laughably poor that they get ingrained in your mind (S2: "Want to play a game of lucky hit?" "How about trying lucky hit?" "Want to try lucky hit?" I know it's a device to earn money in the game, but come on!)

Once you get into the actual games, though, they're really quite good.

wildbird51-
Pro
on: April 24, 2013, 05:04

I haven't played Mario games. I'm serious. I never had one.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

Buried On-
Mars
Advanced
on: April 24, 2013, 14:16

Quote from MetalJesusRocks on April 23, 2013, 17:01

I've tried Shenmue a couple of times. I can't get past knocking on all those doors. "Maybe they're ouuuut?" Not that I think it is bad, just not for me.

Check out my disastrously clever youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BuriedOnMars/

Kyle325
Advanced
on: April 30, 2013, 16:42

I really would like to try out Earthbound, or 'Mother' as its called in Japan. They seem pretty interesting and I always hear many positive things about it. Oh, Donkey Kong 3 as well.
Plenty of Japanese games on my list, including some based on a personal favorite anime, Haruhi Suzumiya.
Arcade-wise: that 4 player Battle Pac-Man looks to be loads of fun!

"work is for people who can't play videogames" --Billy Mitchell
'GameTime' hosted by Kyle-- http://www.youtube.com/user/GAMETIMEwithKyle

wildbird51-
Pro
on: June 27, 2013, 06:49

I haven't played a Wipeout game also. Believe it or not.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

comicconre-
views
on: July 2, 2013, 06:36

There's a tonne of games I'd like to play on the Apple II. Now there is a system that doesn't get a lot of love today. What I'd like to try is Wasteland as it was the game that influenced the Fallout series.

Benevolent-
Dick
on: September 27, 2013, 22:25

snatcher, never had Sega CD. and its expensive, Metal Storm on the nes and Final fantasy (3/6) on the snes. other wise i feel i've touched upon most classics that interest me (for the most part)but there's a large list of 'classic' titles that i never finished and i really wanted to and id prob have to start them over.. (mostly snes RPG's like earth bound, Chrono trigger etc.)

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.398 seconds.