Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your surprisingly valuable games
Kyle325
Advanced
Post Your surprisingly valuable games
on: August 13, 2013, 17:44

So, I was looking on Amazon at a few games I had either I thought were a bit more uncommon or the few Complete In Box titles I had, and was surprised by a couple games I saw that I had. So, I wondered, how about others? What are some games you have that you didnt really know where of a nice value?
For myself, I was big into Ducktales back in the day, so, I have a CIB Ducktales 2 for NES, the cartridge itself goes for quite a bit, and that was surprising.
Also, Mega Man 5 both the NES and GAME BOY games. (they are both different games) I saw MM5 on Gamester's top GameBoy games, and I agree, this is a unique great title that looks like its a bit valuable as well.

"work is for people who can't play videogames" --Billy Mitchell
'GameTime' hosted by Kyle-- http://www.youtube.com/user/GAMETIMEwithKyle

PGen98
Advanced
Post Re: Your surprisingly valuable games
on: August 15, 2013, 09:31

I don't think I have any surprisingly valuable games, since I'm somewhat in-tune with the value of the games I pick up; however, I would say the game that shocked me the most recently was Ray Crisis for the PS1. I picked it up for a $1 at Goodwill, since it was a Working Designs game that I wasn't too familiar with, and found out that it's worth a little bit (not terribly much, but quite a bit more than I paid). It's always nice when that happens 🙂

gamerdavid
on: December 1, 2013, 07:30

This will sound sad but probably my whole collection! Back in the day I had a few friends who collected and I really got into console gaming. So I started collecting.
I would play games and on occasion trade some stuff off never thinking about the value. Then a year or so ago I was watching metaljesus at the gaming expo... He saw Panzer Dragoon Saga and mentioned it was worth $500!
I sat back stunned, blinked a few times and looked at the shelf of my Saturn games. There were all 3 Panzer Dragoon games. Until that moment I was collecting for fun and never realized I had an investment or really any big value in the collection. So in a way after that my whole collection became valuable game find because I didn't realize what I had.

TigerClawT-
V
Beginner
on: January 12, 2014, 07:01

I have Dracula X on snes cart only. That turned out to be a quazi expensive game which suprised me because I didn't care much for it to be honest.

wildbird51-
Pro
on: January 12, 2014, 13:52

I once bought Panzer Dragoon Saga for 39.99$ ... still have it.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

sweatpants-
joe
on: March 9, 2014, 20:35

Super Bowling for N64 was a surprise to me. I picked it up at a thrift store. I initally put it back and then picked it up before I left. I was quite surprised it ended up being a $35-$40 game. Also, Double Dragon for Atari 7800. I got it in an Atari 7800 lot along with some other games and a system for $50. I had no idea the game itself was worth almost that of the entire lot.

mightyqdaw-
g
on: May 8, 2014, 09:48

Ninja Five-O (complete) GameBoy Advance (paid $20, now: $229.99)
Digimon World (complete) PSX (paid $1.95, now $49)
Power Strike (complete) Sega Master System (paid $20, now $74.98)
Sega Ages (complete) Sega Saturn (paid $6.95, now $54.99)

These are games I was *surprised* to learn carried the value they do (and not necessarily that the value itself is extreme) based on what I had to pay to get them. I have several others which are valuable in an absolute sense, but were not surprising.

My GameBoy Advance collection video:

My Sega Saturn Collection video:

My Sega Master System Collection highlights video:

(I don't have a PSX collection video yet.)

--
Eric (MightyQDawg)
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMightyQDawg

jonafish75
on: May 8, 2014, 18:07

Contra Hard Corps on Genesis for me. I picked it up complete for $3.99 a few years back at Goodwill, played it once, and put it away. I've slowly been starting to play Genesis again and when looking at my collection I was curious as to how much some of the games were worth and couldn't believe it's going for 50-60.

Going for a complete 64 set! 135/296!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.371 seconds.