Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dodgers star arms cant put away Astros in Game 5
deberry
Post Dodgers star arms cant put away Astros in Game 5
on: March 20, 2018, 18:18

The Dodgers began and ended Sundays Game 5 of the World Series with their best on the mound, arguably baseballs premier starter and closer.Los Angeles best, however, wasnt good enough to put away the Astros.The failure of two of the Dodgers biggest stars now has Major League Baseballs best regular-season team on the brink of seeing its championship drought extended to 29 seasons after the Astros dramatic 13-12 victory in 10 innings Sunday night. The Astros lead the series 3-2 with a chance to clinch their first championship in the franchises 56-season history Tuesday night at Dodger Stadium with ace Justin Verlander set to start.Before then, the Dodgers will have time to stew over Sundays loss in which they blew a four-run lead, a three-run lead and a one-run advantage with nine outs to go. The game ended on Alex Bregmans walkoff RBI single off closer Kenley Jansen https://www.astrosfansgear.com/Yuli_Gurriel_Replica_Jersey-379, whom the Astros have dented twice in five games. You cant worry about (what went wrong), Jansen said. This games over and were going home. I dont care who were going to face for them. Weve got to stay positive and cant let a bad day affect us. They did what theyre supposed to do. They took care of their home field. We took one (here), now weve got to protect it and try to win Game 6 and get back into it. After scoring five ninth-inning runs to take Game 4 and even the series, the Dodgers appeared to be in a good position with ace Clayton Kershaw on the mound. He was staked to a 3-0 lead before he threw a pitch and led 4-0 entering the bottom of the fourth Dallas Keuchel Orange Jersey. The Astros at that point were literally a 100-to-1 shot. The Dodgers had a 100-1 record when Kershaw got four or more runs of support.However, that lead evaporated quickly in the fourth. George Springer drew a leadoff walk and one out later, Jose Altuve singled to put runners on to put runners on first and second. Carlos Correa then doubled in a run.On Kershaws next pitch, Yuli Gurriel crushed an 89.2 mph slider off the faccedil;ade above the left-field Crawford Boxes for the tying three-run homer.Cody Bellingers three-run homer in the fifth restored the Dodgers three-run lead, but Kershaw issued consecutive two-out walks to Springer and Bregman, ending his night. Altuve greeted reliever Kenton Maeda with another three-run homer to level the score at 7-all.I just lost my command a little bit, Kershaw said of the fourth. Thats all it took. There are different pitches you want to have back. Obviously I walked Springer to lead off that inning https://www.astrosfansgear.com/Brian_Mccann_Youth_Jersey-53. Altuve hit a good pitch and Correa hit one that maybe I shouldnt have thrown that pitch to begin with. I havent looked at what Gurriel hit, but I know it was a slider and mustve stayed up because he put a really good swing on it.In Game 1, Kershaw was brilliant, striking out 11 and allowing just one run on three hits in a 3-1 victory at Los Angeles. That dominance wasnt anywhere close to replicated in Game 5.The Astros are a great team, no matter if you face them the first time or the second time, Kershaw said. It gets a little more challenging the second time in five days.Jansen, meanwhile, faced the Astros for the fourth time in the Series. In Game 2, he surrendered the tying home run to Marwin Gonzalez in the ninth inning, the first time the Dodgers had blown a ninth-inning lead after being 98-0 when up after eight.On Sunday, Jansen entered after the Dodgers silenced a raucous crowd with three ninth-inning runs to force extras.After working a scoreless ninth, Jansen went out for the 10th and got two quick outs. Then he hit Brian McCann and walked Springer to put the winning run in scoring position. On Bregman then dropped the winning single into left to plate pinch runner Derek Fisher. Against Bregman, I just tried to go up and in and missed my spot, Jansen said. He did a great job and put it in play. I just missed my spot.I was feeling great. Brian McCann, I tried to go in on him and I yanked it. With Springer, a few (pitches) I thought they were at the top of the zone. But you cant worry about that. Its over, man. Weve just go to worry about Tuesday. Tuesdays another day and well go from there.At least one Dodger was defiant that Game 6 wont mark his teams day of reckoning.This isnt going to be finished Tuesday, right fielder Yasiel Puig said https://www.astrosfansgear.com/Ken_Giles_Replica_Jersey-329. Theres going to be a Game 7.For that to happen, the Dodgers will have to put Sundays events in their rear-view mirror fairly quickly."I think this whole series has been an emotional roller coaster," Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said. "It's the two best teams playing for a championship. And these are two teams that play 27 outs, like we've talked about. So you're not going to expect those guys to lay down. And obviously you saw what our guys did tonight, and competed until the last out."A credit to our guys. Guys want to take the baseball. Guys coming up with big hits in big spots. And that's what the World Series is all about."

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.112 seconds.