Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: What GameBoy(s) Do You have?
RetroGameF-
ox
Advanced
Post What GameBoy(s) Do You have?
on: October 21, 2012, 14:43

I have a restored Original GameBoy, a Yellow Play-It-Loud series original GameBoy, a Kiwi Green GameBoy Color, A Purple and Glacer GameBoy Advance, and a Silver GameBoy Advance SP Model 001. The Yellow needs to be restored, I will do a video on that when I get a new lens and a new screw driver for it. My Original I restored myself.

DoctorFeel-
good
Beginner
Post Re: What GameBoy(s) Do You have?
on: October 21, 2012, 16:38

I have the original, a blue Gameboy Pocket, the Pikachu Gameboy Light, a purple Gameboy Advance, a black Gameboy Advance, (Both the horizontal orientation) and a Mother 3 Gameboy Micro I got from Japan a while back. Nice collection you've got there.

I've been having these weird thoughts lately. Like is any of this for real or not?

RetroGameF-
ox
Advanced
on: October 21, 2012, 17:01

Most of mine I've had to restore. I still need to restore my Yellow one, need a new lens and to open it up and clean it out. Clean the contact, repair the screen (if not repairable, then replace said screen), and see what was wrong with the speaker? For th elongest time the speaker didn't work. Then I turned iton and left it on for a while and it crackled back to life and sounds as loud as it should. Need to find what the problem was though. I just like to fix things. I hope I can get some old throw away broken consoles to do videos on how to fix them, and maybe do live streams on fixing them.

Hyperscore
on: October 21, 2012, 17:04

I have a black Gameboy Advanced, and a grey SP, although it's in pretty bad shape.

LuzZelenia
Pro
on: October 21, 2012, 19:01

Quote from RetroGameFox on October 21, 2012, 17:01
Most of mine I've had to restore. I still need to restore my Yellow one, need a new lens and to open it up and clean it out. Clean the contact, repair the screen (if not repairable, then replace said screen), and see what was wrong with the speaker? For th elongest time the speaker didn't work. Then I turned iton and left it on for a while and it crackled back to life and sounds as loud as it should. Need to find what the problem was though. I just like to fix things. I hope I can get some old throw away broken consoles to do videos on how to fix them, and maybe do live streams on fixing them.

Since you're so handy, do you know how to fix a broken L/R on a broken GBA by any chance? It doesn't feel like it clicks when it pushes down, it probably just needs to be opened and thoroughly cleaned since its been in storage for years and my sister just recently got it out.

RetroGameF-
ox
Advanced
on: October 21, 2012, 19:05

I haven't taken apart a GBA in a long time. But If i remember right, they have click switches inside of them. Little momentary switches. If they are mashed too hard and too often they can become damaged. First i would check to make sure the switch itself is cleaned out and nothing is blocking it. Then check the actual button switch itself. If it is not then you'll have to replace the switches. I don't remember where you can get them. I'll have to get back to you really, see if i can find my old GBA board. This is a GBA correct and not a GBA-SP?

LuzZelenia
Pro
on: October 21, 2012, 19:10

Yes, this is a regular GBA, not SP.

RetroGameF-
ox
Advanced
on: October 21, 2012, 19:16

Yes, I believe it has 2 clicky push buttons. They can fail if they are abused. I would recommend taking it apart and testing to switches. If that checks out make sure the contact points on the actual bumpers (the part that presses the button on the switch) are not damaged or broken. But of course first make sure everything is clean. Warning about opening up the GBA though. there are 2 springs that are on the bumpers to push them back into the idle position. Do not lose them, they are tiny and hard to find. If you lose them you may be out of luck at putting it back together. Besure to have a container to put screws in, including the springs. And remember how the springs are positioned so they work properly when you put it back together. Good luck to you on fixing it.

Jinx
Beginner
on: October 21, 2012, 19:19

I still own my original Game Boy that was purchased when I was a little kid. Several vertical lines don't work on it, but the case is in good condition. I also own A Game Boy Advance and a Game Boy Advance SP. The SP is the best of the bunch IMO.

I've been in the market for a Game Boy Micro, but those have gone way up in price due to their scarcity.

--------------------
My Consoles: PS3, PS2 slim, PS2 slim (JPN), PSOne, Xbox 360 slim, Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis 2 & 3, Game Gear, Wii U, Wii, GameCube, Game Boy, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, 3DS-XL, SNES 2, 3DO, CD-i, Neo Geo CD (JPN), Neo Geo Pocket (JPN)
My Arcades: Hard Drivin', Nintendo Playchoice 10, Nintendo Red Tent, Batman (1990), Neo Geo MVS (2-slot)

LuzZelenia
Pro
on: October 21, 2012, 19:22

Quote from RetroGameFox on October 21, 2012, 19:16
Yes, I believe it has 2 clicky push buttons. They can fail if they are abused. I would recommend taking it apart and testing to switches. If that checks out make sure the contact points on the actual bumpers (the part that presses the button on the switch) are not damaged or broken. But of course first make sure everything is clean. Warning about opening up the GBA though. there are 2 springs that are on the bumpers to push them back into the idle position. Do not lose them, they are tiny and hard to find. If you lose them you may be out of luck at putting it back together. Besure to have a container to put screws in, including the springs. And remember how the springs are positioned so they work properly when you put it back together. Good luck to you on fixing it.

Thanks allot, this is super helpful!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.369 seconds.