Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Show Us Your Collection
MagnaFarce
Post Re: Show Us Your Collection
on: October 24, 2012, 18:19

I'm just going to go ahead and post all the stuff I've gotten in one go so I don't clog things up.

Back story:
I am 20 years old. I started collecting about a year ago after I got curious about the N64DD and found John's videos on Youtube with all the old systems. I was hooked. I kept watching the videos and reading about the systems and I was helpless, I had to have them.

I don't make very much money, so I've limited myself only to what I can find at the flea market or thrift stores. Below is my technology closet with most of my finds.
Selection of finds:
Atari Video Pinball C-380: $10
Panasonic 3DO FZ-1: $5
Sega Genesis [complete]: $10
Sega Genesis [deck only]: 50¢
Sega Saturn [deck only]: $5
Mattel Intellivision: $8

Those are all my game related finds.

BurningDoo-
m
Advanced
on: October 24, 2012, 20:59

Some of these collections are truly epic. I feel inadequate here as a retro-gamer.

I have been a gamer since I can remember, and I'm 29 now. I never really consciously collected until about the end of the last-generation. I just bought games I liked and held on to them. I'd say I was about 24 when I started really collecting.

I'm now up to nearly 500 video games and around 20 consoles.

Here's some pics of my collection I took a year or so ago, so they're a little out of date. I might get around to updating my collection pics here soon, if I do, I'll share them here. Sorry about picture quality, I'm obviously not meant to be a photographer:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

You can see more pics (and a listing of my collection) here on my RF Generation profile, didn't want to make a massive pic post and hog the thread, but they're also pretty out of date:

http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?action=profile&name=BurningDoom&folder=Collection

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600 4-Switch Wood-Grain, TurboGrafx-16, NES Front-Loader, SNES (Original), N64 (Black), Gamecube (Black), Wii (Black), Sega Genesis Model 1, Sega Power Base Converter (Plays Master System games on the Genesis), Sega Saturn (Round Buttons, Black), Sega Dreamcast (White), XBox (Original), XBox 360 (Original), Power Play (Famiclone).

Handhelds Owned: Microvision (needs repair or replaced, though), Game Boy (Original), GB Color Grape Model, GBA-SP Silver Model, Nintendo DS (Original) Onyx Model, Sega Game Gear, Neo Geo Pocket Color Blue Marble Model

brundlefly
on: October 26, 2012, 06:27

I picked up complete copies of Ghostbusters and the special edition of Comix Zone for 10 pounds each which i was pretty glad about.

arcadeimpo-
ssible
on: October 26, 2012, 08:39

Some of my recent pickups:
A Sunset Riders 4-player Jamma board for my X-men machine

Random pickups from a local game store:

Portland Retro Gaming Expo loot!

Hi, I'm Gregg from Arcade Impossible.
http://www.youtube.com/arcadeimpossible

64bitmatth-
ew
on: October 26, 2012, 19:17

I've only been collecting for about 2.5 years, so my collection isnt anything amazing, but I'm pretty happy with it so far. My name is Matthew, and I'm 24 years old. Some of you might recognize the room from my youtube channel, 64bitmatthew, or my old channel, rammsteinfan234. I think for now I'll just post pics of the room in general, and maybe later I'll add system specific collection pics. If you have any questions about anything or want to see something better, feel free to let me know 🙂 oh, and I try to find most of my games in the wild (thrift stores, pawn shops, garage sales, etc.) because i enjoy the hunt.

DoctorFeel-
good
Beginner
on: October 27, 2012, 10:08

Quote from 64bitmatthew on October 26, 2012, 19:17
I've only been collecting for about 2.5 years, so my collection isnt anything amazing, but I'm pretty happy with it so far. My name is Matthew, and I'm 24 years old. Some of you might recognize the room from my youtube channel, 64bitmatthew, or my old channel, rammsteinfan234. I think for now I'll just post pics of the room in general, and maybe later I'll add system specific collection pics. If you have any questions about anything or want to see something better, feel free to let me know 🙂 oh, and I try to find most of my games in the wild (thrift stores, pawn shops, garage sales, etc.) because i enjoy the hunt.

What's that poster below Chrono Trigger from? I feel like I have seen it before, and it's probably a pretty well known game.

I've been having these weird thoughts lately. Like is any of this for real or not?

64bitmatth-
ew
on: October 27, 2012, 14:10

Quote from DoctorFeelgood on October 27, 2012, 10:08
What's that poster below Chrono Trigger from? I feel like I have seen it before, and it's probably a pretty well known game.

the poster below the chrono trigger poster is a chrono trigger poster as well. Both came with my snes chrono trigger, and i thought they looked really neat, so i framed them both (along with the secret of mana poster) and hung them up.

DoctorFeel-
good
Beginner
on: October 28, 2012, 11:29

Quote from 64bitmatthew on October 27, 2012, 14:10

Quote from DoctorFeelgood on October 27, 2012, 10:08

the poster below the chrono trigger poster is a chrono trigger poster as well. Both came with my snes chrono trigger, and i thought they looked really neat, so i framed them both (along with the secret of mana poster) and hung them up.

Ahh, I feel stupid now 😛 sweet poster though.

I've been having these weird thoughts lately. Like is any of this for real or not?

64bitmatth-
ew
on: October 28, 2012, 12:58

Quote from DoctorFeelgood on October 28, 2012, 11:29
Ahh, I feel stupid now 😛 sweet poster though.

lol dont feel stupid, I didnt know it came with that one either till I got my copy of chrono trigger

starseed19-
on: October 29, 2012, 13:31

I'd love to participate. How do you upload pics? Can I upload from an iPhone?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.404 seconds.