Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are kids games better than some of todays modern "Blockbusters"?
xCDSx
Post Are kids games better than some of todays modern "Blockbusters"?
on: October 22, 2012, 21:14

I'll be one of the earlier ones to admit it, I've been playing games I probably should't (pokemon black 2, skylanders, and happy wars) Though not all of them are considered children's games (happy wars), it seams to me that games focused on a younger demographic just tend to be more fun! Anyone else think so, I can't be alone here, can I? I'm not saying more mature titles aren't any good, just that when games lack seriousness, and brutal deaths, they seam so much more, care-free, and in my opinion, more enjoyable.

MetalJesus-
Rocks
Administrator
Post Re: Are kids games better than some of todays modern "Blockbusters"?
on: October 23, 2012, 09:16

Kim Possible: What's the Switch on the PS2 is one of my favorite 2.5D platformers. So freakin' awesome and well made!

Retro Gaming with a Heavy Metal Soundtrack
http://www.youtube.com/MetalJesusRocks

BrianEyeko-
n
on: October 24, 2012, 23:19

I also love Happy wars as well as the Sonic All Stars games both the racing and tennis games are solid titles.

wildbird51-
Pro
on: October 25, 2012, 11:28

I hate the blockbusters, really hate the blockbusters. I know that Gears of War is a killer app, but it's so boring. The original Sonic game for Mega Drive is way better. You can laugh, but It has a replay value. And how often does anybody play Gears of War? I love games for children, they are always full of color, joy, kawainess and after a long day in the office the last thing I want to do is play CoD or any CoD clone, I got plenty of these emotions at my day job.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

Clecio
Advanced
on: December 13, 2012, 19:11

Quote from wildbird5150 on October 25, 2012, 11:28
I hate the blockbusters, really hate the blockbusters. I know that Gears of War is a killer app, but it's so boring. The original Sonic game for Mega Drive is way better. You can laugh, but It has a replay value. And how often does anybody play Gears of War? I love games for children, they are always full of color, joy, kawainess and after a long day in the office the last thing I want to do is play CoD or any CoD clone, I got plenty of these emotions at my day job.

Hell yeah. Totally agreed. I have war at office too. And part of the guys who play CoD just think that war is real. Alex Kidd is far more fun. These blockbustets actually have their value, but I dont have patience to play with wanabes. Im a newbie and thats nice!

wildbird51-
Pro
on: December 14, 2012, 03:10

Quote from Clecio on December 13, 2012, 19:11

Quote from wildbird5150 on October 25, 2012, 11:28

Hell yeah. Totally agreed. I have war at office too. And part of the guys who play CoD just think that war is real. Alex Kidd is far more fun. These blockbustets actually have their value, but I dont have patience to play with wanabes. Im a newbie and thats nice!

Alexx Kidd was bundled with my Master System, I don't remember the name, but it was a huge game. Anyway, I can't wait to pick up Skylanders Giants, my kid has a substantial collection, but everything change with the Giants! Still not available in Russia, damn.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

gamester81
Administrator
on: December 29, 2012, 15:50

Probably with big blockbusters are that there is so much money invested onto them, that there is very little room for failure. Look at a game like Angry Birds...how much money has that game produced, and how much did it cost to make compared to games like COD etc?

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.284 seconds.