Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: SNES rpgs
Jinx
Beginner
Post Re: SNES rpgs
on: October 26, 2012, 01:10

Quote from 64bitmatthew on October 25, 2012, 21:27
mine would have to be super mario rpg as well. which is kind of funny, cause before i played it i thought that it would just be a mediocre rpg with mario tossed in to help it sell. but its a really well built, fun rpg.

Ha! That was my first thought as well. It really was a great game. Still good game to play even today, IMO.

--------------------
My Consoles: PS3, PS2 slim, PS2 slim (JPN), PSOne, Xbox 360 slim, Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis 2 & 3, Game Gear, Wii U, Wii, GameCube, Game Boy, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, 3DS-XL, SNES 2, 3DO, CD-i, Neo Geo CD (JPN), Neo Geo Pocket (JPN)
My Arcades: Hard Drivin', Nintendo Playchoice 10, Nintendo Red Tent, Batman (1990), Neo Geo MVS (2-slot)

Mr_Orange
on: October 26, 2012, 02:20

Hmm, I may have to break the wii out and get virtual console running for another stab at Mario RPG

Richard
on: October 26, 2012, 22:01

Very tough. It is between FFVI for me and Chrono Trigger... Chrono Trigger in my opinion was the better all around game and I would argue the best made RPG of all time though it is not my favorite. FFVI though had some great moments/scenes that trump the highest moments of Chrono Trigger. Hmmmmm I don't think I can answer this question unless I go back and play these games again.

I guess Chrono Trigger would be the "better" RPG from a purely unbiased and mechanical break down stand point because the game is nearly flawless.

Jmeon4eva
Advanced
on: November 21, 2012, 20:57

@Jinx, one reason why Super Mario RPG was a great RPG, Nintendo tapped then known as Square, which became Square Soft, and now known as Square Enix, having seen the work done on the Final Fantasy series both in Japan, and U.S., and gave/trusted them with Mario. From everything I've heard, Square did exceptional.

"Take my love, take my land, take me where i cannot stand, I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."

InnovaX5
Advanced
on: November 27, 2012, 08:26

Quote from wildbird5150 on October 24, 2012, 13:18
Final Fantasy III (the original FFIII, not the US version)

FF 3 was a famicom release and never remade for SFC or the Snes. The only FF games on SFC were:

Super Famicom:
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy IV Easy Type
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy USA

Super Nintendo:
Final Fantasy II (IV on the SFC)
Final Fantasy III (VI on the SFC)
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (USA on the SFC)

My all time favorite RPG on the 16 bit monster had to be Final Fantasy IV, its the game that got me into turn-based RPGs so it will always have a special place in my heart.

RPGtourgui-
de
on: September 20, 2013, 07:41

Quote from Richard on October 26, 2012, 22:01
Very tough. It is between FFVI for me and Chrono Trigger... Chrono Trigger in my opinion was the better all around game and I would argue the best made RPG of all time though it is not my favorite. FFVI though had some great moments/scenes that trump the highest moments of Chrono Trigger. Hmmmmm I don't think I can answer this question unless I go back and play these games again.

I guess Chrono Trigger would be the "better" RPG from a purely unbiased and mechanical break down stand point because the game is nearly flawless.

I have a very hard time picking between these two as well, giving a slight edge to Chrono Trigger. Both a great games and any RPG fan who hasn't played them needs to do so. Chrono Trigger is my current favorite game, but that's not to say that there aren't other games that are right there as well.

The SNES really had a lot to choose from in the way of RPG's, truly a fantastic time to be a fan of the genre: Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Breath of Fire, the Soul Blazer trilogy, Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Lufia and more... A great system for people like me. 😉

=====
- Ryan Phoenix
The RPG Tour Guide
http://www.youtube.com/RPGtourguide

Pages: 1 [2]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.267 seconds.