Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Favourite Game EVER?
FirehouseG-
ames
Advanced
Post Favourite Game EVER?
on: October 28, 2012, 20:04

What is your favorite game?

Yeah it's a hard one but I'm sure most of you have a favorite game!

For any system, home console or computer. The best game ever made?

My favorite is after a lot of thinking Shenmue 1 and 2 which I see as one game on seven discs 😀

Retro Reviews by me 😀 - http://www.youtube.com/firehousegames

"It's not clear to me what to do with that Pong machine"

DoctorFeel-
good
Beginner
Post Re: Favourite Game EVER?
on: October 28, 2012, 20:58

You've probably seen this (this isn't an advertisement just a cool thing I found) but if you haven't, here's a cool officially licensed Shenmue hoodie. I think they look pretty good.

http://www.insertcoinclothing.com/hoodies/hazuki-tiger.html

Favorite game though, as hard as it is to narrow it down to just one, is Jet Set Radio for the Sega Dreamcast. So many good memories, great music, and I loved the art style. Galseed 2 for the X68000 is a close second ^_^

I've been having these weird thoughts lately. Like is any of this for real or not?

BurningDoo-
m
Advanced
on: October 28, 2012, 20:59

I never would have been able to narrow this answer down to one game before this game came out. But I can now say, without a shadow of a doubt, it's The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for me. I spent countless hours combing through it's large and detailed world. I actually have 100% completion on it on my XBox Live account, which wasn't some arbitrary goal for me but rather due to it being played so incredibly much.

wildbird51-
Pro
on: October 28, 2012, 23:04

Street Fighter Zero 2. I've played this game for years, even bought a replacement for my Saturn, when my 1st copy refused to work any longer.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

Jinx
Beginner
on: October 29, 2012, 00:09

Fallout New Vegas + DLC. I spent well over 100 hours playing this game. While I find Fallout 3 is a close second, Fallout New Vegas does not have the problems of 3's DC tunnel system. The tunnels really slowed the game down and made exploring the upper world difficult, IMO.

Fallout New Vegas basically took the game play of Fallout 3 and made it better. Not only did it have more space for exploration, it had more stories, more missions and very in depth DLC. Dead Money and Old World Blues being the best of the bunch.

I still don't get tired diving into this game. There is still so much to explore. I've played through it at least 3 times. Each time building my character to specialize in different skills.

I've always been a fan of apocalypse movies. The story of people trying to survive after the world's infrastructure has failed has always intrigued me. Give me a movie like Mad Max, The Book of Eli, The Road or even Logan's Run. These movies embody what the Fallout universe is and it's why I like the Fallout series over The Elder Scrolls series. I've never really related to magic and dragons. Though I would be lying if I said I didn't play a ton of Oblivion and Skyrim. I just haven't gone back to those games after I beat the main quests.

Bethesda, give me Fallout 4!

--------------------
My Consoles: PS3, PS2 slim, PS2 slim (JPN), PSOne, Xbox 360 slim, Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis 2 & 3, Game Gear, Wii U, Wii, GameCube, Game Boy, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, 3DS-XL, SNES 2, 3DO, CD-i, Neo Geo CD (JPN), Neo Geo Pocket (JPN)
My Arcades: Hard Drivin', Nintendo Playchoice 10, Nintendo Red Tent, Batman (1990), Neo Geo MVS (2-slot)

Adam_Copel-
and
on: October 29, 2012, 09:49

I have a lot of games that are my favourite games but the one I like most and that I can play every day is clearly Super Mario World on the SNES! The best Jump'n Run on this earth!

Richard
on: October 29, 2012, 22:31

The Witcher. I played the game on full settings, enhanced graphic mods, and in 3D when I got my PC a couple years back. I was craving an RPG like it and it absolutely engrossed me. I couldn't believe a game would be so uncensored(director's cut), amazing characters, great story, best dark fantasy video game world ever created in my opinion, engrossing beautiful music, and it really was just amazing.

I remember playing endless hours and one scene, that really got me was when I was playing the game for a few hours. I was walking around the beautiful, yet grim world. The 3D and lights turned off had me sucked into the game, unlike anything I had ever played, then out of nowhere a butterfly simply flies across my screen and pops out due to the 3D effects.

It was the perfect blend of a Bioware/Bethesda RPG. It was more open world than a bioware game, but less than a Bethesda. It was just the perfect amount to suck you in without overwhelming you. There were throwaway SQ, but they were very well placed(usually) and doing the MQ allowed you to pass right through your monster grinding missions. Some of the Side Quests in this game are unlike anything you have ever seen. Absolutely out of this world and unexpected stuff. Greatest inns in any game bar none.

Drunk Parties, brawls, gambling, emotion, serious, hilarious, dark, light, MATURE, sex, politics, religion, character, twists, pacing, long but not forced length absolute quality, and so much more.

This game is the exact gaming quality equivalent to the Song of Ice and Fire series. As I was playing this game, I was constantly comparing the two. I don't mean the stories are related, but just the vibe, quality, and atmosphere scream of each other. The only reason many people pass up this game after an hour or two is the battle system. I even thought about putting the game down, but once you get the hang of it it becomes quite intuitive and fun.

Give this game a chance, that is all I ask. Prepared to play a game unlike any you have seen before(MAKE SURE TO GET THE DIRECTOR'S CUT!). I have played tons of games and many of the RPGs and let me tell you no RPG ever created offers the things you will get with this game.

This game instantly knocked off FFX as my favorite game after almost a decade of it being up there. I don't regret doing that to this day. I don't compare other games to this(besides the Witcher 2 for obvious reasons haha) because I know no game will live up to it and I don't expect it to. Only this company at that time could have come up with this game. No American company would dare cross the lines that this game did when it comes to maturity in the sex department. This independent company of inspired Polish geniuses really did create the greatest dark fantasy game ever to be made.

metallicat-
84_2003
Beginner
on: October 30, 2012, 13:17

The legend of zelda ocarina of time, cliche I know but this game back around Christmas 98 was amazing for me. I love the game so much I have bought it again on gamecube, wii virtual console and 3DS. To me this is also the perfect zelda game.

clamcakes
on: October 30, 2012, 14:15

Quote from wildbird5150 on October 28, 2012, 23:04
Street Fighter Zero 2. I've played this game for years, even bought a replacement for my Saturn, when my 1st copy refused to work any longer.

I was going to say SF Alpha 2... which is almost the same thing. That was also the last SF game that I liked the controls for.

Buried On-
Mars
Advanced
on: October 31, 2012, 04:33

Impossible to choose only one! But if you held a gun to my head I'd have to say Super Metroid. Then I'd squeak out a Half Life, Ocarina of Time, and Demon's Souls all before you pulled the trigger. Sucker.

Check out my disastrously clever youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BuriedOnMars/

Pages: [1] 2 3
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.408 seconds.