Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Modified Sega Saturn/ What Games Should I Get?
Totalled
Post Modified Sega Saturn/ What Games Should I Get?
on: November 4, 2012, 19:29

About a week and a half ago I went to my favourite thrift store and found a Sega Saturn with a fighting pad for $20. I was so excited. But then when I was driving home I was looking at it and saw a switch on it. I opened it up and to my surprise it's a Saturn modified for NTSC-U and NTSC-J switching.

I only have about 5 - 8 Saturn game at the moment, and so Im wondering, are NTSC-J games cheaper? And if so, do they have multi-language selections? I bought my first Saturn a while back but the price of games is freaking outrageous.

Also, what are some really good imports?

wildbird51-
Pro
Post Re: Modified Sega Saturn/ What Games Should I Get?
on: November 5, 2012, 16:26

Japanese games are not cheap, but you might find them better than any US games out there. Make sure you pick up Capcom fighting games, the best never left Japan. X-Men vs. Street Fighter is a crazy roller coaster ride, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter is more of the same, but still a must have title, X-Men: Children of the Atom was released in the States, but hard to find, same with Marvel Super Heroes. All titles are just killer! Street Fighter Alpha 3 looks good, but not as good as a Dreamcast port, but worth checking. Super Street Fighter II Turbo is a good one, but we've seen better stuff. The King of Fighters '97 is a good fighting and as far as I know it was a Japanese exclusive title. The original Metal Slug is also a Japanese exclusive, Twinkle Star Sprites is killer if you like simple arcade shmups, Samurai Shodown IV is also a great game, Real Bout Fatal Fury Special is worth checking, Baroque is a very good RPG if you understand basic Japanese, Sakura Wars is a great RPG, some Japanese skills required, DoDonPachi is a great shooter, Fantastic Journey is also a good shooter, Waku Waku 7 is a great fighting game, very fun to play. I think that if these titles were released in the US, Saturn could have lived much longer and make some serious damage on the market. Sakura Wars alone is worth buying a Saturn, although I also have it on my Dreamcast. Collecting Japanese games is tough, because there is no complete catalogue and a lot of games are presumably rare, but never actually were published on a Saturn and there are a lot of games that were never published in the catalogues. Ever now and then I find a few "new" Japanese games on eBay and end up buying em. I friend of mine have a lot of games that never popped up on eBay and every time I think that I have a complete collection he brings out 10 new discs with interactive manga comics or some unknown RPGs. By the way, same shit with Dreamcast.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

DoctorFeel-
good
Beginner
on: November 9, 2012, 13:54

I'll keep it short and give you just a list. I could go on for hours, but you'd probably rather look into these for yourself.

Keio Yuugekitai
Super Tempo
Radiant Silvergun
Panzer Dragoon
Panzer Dragoon Zwei
Azel: Panzer Dragoon RPG (doesn't work w/ 4-in-1, btw)
Shining Force III Scenario 1-3
Langrisser Tribute
Soukyugurentai
Hyper Duel
Space Harrier
Outrun
Wonder 3
Dungeons and Dragons Collection
Salamander Deluxe Pack
Tenchi wo Kurau II

Also, what wildbird5150 said about the Dreamcast isn't completely true. I know quite a few people with full Dreamcast collections. I used to know ONE person with a complete Saturn collection. Saturn thrived much more in Japan, and living here it's hard to get ALL the titles.

I've been having these weird thoughts lately. Like is any of this for real or not?

wildbird51-
Pro
on: November 9, 2012, 16:27

Quote from DoctorFeelgood on November 9, 2012, 13:54
Also, what wildbird5150 said about the Dreamcast isn't completely true. I know quite a few people with full Dreamcast collections. I used to know ONE person with a complete Saturn collection. Saturn thrived much more in Japan, and living here it's hard to get ALL the titles.

I've done my research. There is no detailed catalogue of what was released. If I'm wrong and there is a complete list of what was published, then you'd make my life much easier.

DoctorFeel-
good
Beginner
on: November 9, 2012, 19:27

Quote from wildbird5150 on November 9, 2012, 16:27

I've done my research. There is no detailed catalogue of what was released. If I'm wrong and there is a complete list of what was published, then you'd make my life much easier.

Fans have made tons of lists of all Dreamcast games... surprised you haven't seen one yet.

I've been having these weird thoughts lately. Like is any of this for real or not?

wildbird51-
Pro
on: November 10, 2012, 11:18

Quote from DoctorFeelgood on November 9, 2012, 19:27

Quote from wildbird5150 on November 9, 2012, 16:27

Fans have made tons of lists of all Dreamcast games... surprised you haven't seen one yet.

I've seen a few. None was complete.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.251 seconds.