Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone Seen / Played With This console before?
Jinx
Beginner
Post Anyone Seen / Played With This console before?
on: November 18, 2012, 17:25

I was scouting out a local B&M chain looking for a deluxe Wii U this morning. (They were all sold out of deluxe, but had the basic model in stock. I passed on it.) I did find this nifty little machine. It's a Genesis console made by At Games with 80 games built in and even has a Genesis cartridge slot to play my current game collection. Though most of my games are already loaded onto the system so I probably won't be using many cartridges.

It looks to be a little smaller than the version 3 Sega Genesis. I haven't played with it yet since I had to go directly to work after the purchase. Cost was $45ish. Not bad given all the games included. I need to do more research to find out if this machine is blessed by Sega.

(Click the pics to embiggen)

--------------------
My Consoles: PS3, PS2 slim, PS2 slim (JPN), PSOne, Xbox 360 slim, Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis 2 & 3, Game Gear, Wii U, Wii, GameCube, Game Boy, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, 3DS-XL, SNES 2, 3DO, CD-i, Neo Geo CD (JPN), Neo Geo Pocket (JPN)
My Arcades: Hard Drivin', Nintendo Playchoice 10, Nintendo Red Tent, Batman (1990), Neo Geo MVS (2-slot)

patrikw
Post Re: Anyone Seen / Played With This console before?
on: November 19, 2012, 06:59

Didn't classic game room a review on this consol ?

RetroGameG-
irl
on: November 19, 2012, 12:40

They are ok but compared to a real sega genesis model 1 or model 2 the image quality is very sub par. And compared to all the genesis models 1,2, and 3 the audio is sub par. If you get a genesis try to get one with the Sony encoder chip or the Fujitsu. An example would be the Sony cxa1145 or Fujitsu mb3514. The ones with the Samsung chips have jail bars on the screen. The best audio will generally be found on the original "high definition" model. I have a special place in my heart for the model 2 sound. It's a bit more overdriven and is what I grew up with :). If you want a great guide for selecting a genesis I recommend http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?7796-GUIDE-Telling-apart-good-Genesis-1s-and-Genesis-2s-from-bad-ones.

Sure you won't get all the games but overall the experience will be better with the real deal. Sega games and systems are generally not that expensive to begin with.

-----------
http://www.youtube.com/user/retrogamegirl
or
http://retrogamegirl.com/

Jmeon4eva
Advanced
on: November 19, 2012, 16:56

I'm looking for a cheap Gen, (GOD that's hard to say for such a POWERFUL machine which i miss), as i lost my gen 2 when we moved, and am still just a poor young man. The cheapest i've found are gen 1's and 2's for 25-30 bucks. But again, no money. Maybe someone will take pitty on me, but i doubt it lol.

"Take my love, take my land, take me where i cannot stand, I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."

helsinkiro-
cks
on: November 25, 2012, 14:16

My fiance bought my one for Christmas, so I haven't got it yet.
I think I'm going to be happy with it, because I love the Genesis, but I don't have much space for a ton of carts.

Jinx
Beginner
on: November 25, 2012, 14:47

I've been playing with mine. It does what it says and I'm happy with it with one exception. Ditch the wireless controllers. They are infrared, not RF. so you have to aim the controllers right at the console similar to a TV's remote control. I've messed up plenty of times because I wind up pointing the controller away from the console. Fortunately this machine has ports for Genesis controllers on the front.

--------------------
My Consoles: PS3, PS2 slim, PS2 slim (JPN), PSOne, Xbox 360 slim, Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis 2 & 3, Game Gear, Wii U, Wii, GameCube, Game Boy, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, 3DS-XL, SNES 2, 3DO, CD-i, Neo Geo CD (JPN), Neo Geo Pocket (JPN)
My Arcades: Hard Drivin', Nintendo Playchoice 10, Nintendo Red Tent, Batman (1990), Neo Geo MVS (2-slot)

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.28 seconds.