Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Playstation vs PSOne
Jmeon4eva
Advanced
Post Playstation vs PSOne
on: November 20, 2012, 10:24

Okay, i have both versions of the playstation, the original version, and the "slim" version Sony produced when the PS2 came out. Other then sizes, i have noticed different things, one is that the original version of the playstation, the one with the ridge vents on the side, was made in Japan, while the PSOne model was made in China. Another little difference is the lid feels more sturdy on the original model then the PSOne model. Also, if the code on the bottom that starts with U indicates model number, which i'm almost positive it does, then my original model was made just before they hit the million mark, and the PSOne which was made about 3-4 years later in 2000, was after they had passed the 7 million mark.

Just wondering anything you've noticed about the two, tiny little quirks and the like, other then the obvious. So if you wanna share, go ahead.

"Take my love, take my land, take me where i cannot stand, I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."

Buried On-
Mars
Advanced
Post Re: Playstation vs PSOne
on: November 21, 2012, 08:47

How about the changes the original Playstation went through? My roommate in college back in the day had an early model one with the RCA jacks in the back. He have the TV hooked up the AV output for gaming and his stereo hooked up to the RCAs for playing music CDs. He had the player interface memorized and so he wouldn't have to turn on the TV to listen to music. It was weird to hear that PS boot up sound coming from his room before some G'nR but it worked. As far as I know he played CDs on it until the PS2 came out.

Check out my disastrously clever youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BuriedOnMars/

Jmeon4eva
Advanced
Post Re: Playstation vs PSOne
on: November 21, 2012, 15:47

True, my original model still has the peripheral port in the back, i think by the 7000 series they removed it on the playstations.

"Take my love, take my land, take me where i cannot stand, I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.182 seconds.