Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: What is your personal best find EVER?
RetroGameG-
irl
Post Re: What is your personal best find EVER?
on: December 23, 2012, 18:32

My best find would be difficult, but some great finds have been at charity shops. Most recently I picked up SwordQuest Waterworld out of the junk bin at one of the shops. When they tried to sell it to me for $1 dollar I gave them a 50, which is about what it would be in the condition it is in. I got another copy, and my money goes towards some of the local veterans. Win Win 🙂

-----------
http://www.youtube.com/user/retrogamegirl
or
http://retrogamegirl.com/

TigerClawT-
V
Beginner
on: January 9, 2013, 14:33

Those Sword Quest carts are impressive. I haven't found anything near that impressive. I did find:
Bust a Move 2 for N64 - .99
Civilization 2 for PS1 - 3 bucks.

MagnaFarce
on: February 23, 2013, 18:59

I have a few 'best finds', all of which I found at the flea market.

There was a guy at the flea market one day who had, I kid you not, two large plastic bins full of PS1's. I almost passed it by, but I saw something familiar in the sea of grey: A Panasonic 3DO. I figured this guy probably knows what systems are worth since he has dozens of them, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask how much he wanted. $5. I kept my cool, made myself look like I was thinking it over, then said 'Okay' and paid him.
Turns out Gex was in there as well, so that's a bit of a double score.

Another time I was at the flea market I came across a Sega Saturn with a memory card, also for $5. I picked that one up as well. I still don't know if it works, but I just bought the necessary cables, so I'll know soon enough.

A more recent find which I consider one of my best is a model one Sega CD for $8. I don't have any of the cables, same deal as the Saturn, but I'll have those cables soon enough as well.

Oh wait! I just remembered another find I consider one of my truly best. Usually I leave the flea market empty handed, as far as gaming goes, but one day I managed to pick up a boxed Commodore 64 ($15), and an Atari 520STFM computer with two external floppy drives ($10). I also found a CED player that day for $10, but it needs repairing.

TL;DR: Basically I'm saying my best find is the entire flea market experience.

Adam_Copel-
and
on: March 28, 2013, 15:52

At a local garage sale I found my absolute best game pickup. And that was a complete Black Label Version of Tales of Destiny for the PS1! I payed 45 Euro. I think that's around 50 $. So it was a very amazing deal for me.

Kyle325
Advanced
on: March 28, 2013, 20:12

I did recently find at a local quality Pawn Shop a copy of Jr pac-man for the atari 2600 for $5.99 just the cartridge itself, but it is a game I wanted for a loooong time and a bit harder to see in person here in south dakota, haha.

"work is for people who can't play videogames" --Billy Mitchell
'GameTime' hosted by Kyle-- http://www.youtube.com/user/GAMETIMEwithKyle

albirhiza
Beginner
on: March 29, 2013, 07:32

Back when Toys'r'us was liquidating their TG-16 stock I scored a complete system ($30), and Bonk's revenge, neutopia 2, bomberman 93, shockman, and splatterhouse (only $5 ea.). I was just getting into TG-16 and regret not buying every game in the bin. The system seemed to disappear shortly afterwards and never found retail games again.

Adam_Copel-
and
on: June 18, 2013, 12:04

today I found a very great deal. On ebay I buy a complete (!) copy of Lunar 2, Tactics Ogre and Ogre Battle. All three games are in mint condition. For Lunar 2 I payed 43$, Tactics Ogre I payed 33$ and for Ogre Battle also just 38$. So I think all three games are a very very good pick.

Greetings from Germany!

Devalis
on: June 27, 2013, 23:21

Bought a Mt Dew Xbox for $60

jonafish75
on: April 24, 2014, 13:10

There was one day in the summer of 2010 when I had the best garage sale day ever.
1st garage sale I went to I found a boxed Model 1 Genesis with Sonic for $5, a bunch of disc only PS1 games including Disc 1 and 3 for Final Fantasy 7 for 10 cents, and NARC and Operation Wolf on NES for a buck a piece.

Right after that I went to another garage sale and found-2 super nintendo's with all the hook ups, Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES), Final Fantasy 3, and a boxed Moonwalker, complete Altered Beast and loose Jurassic Park for Genesis for a total of $25.

I still consider that the best day of garage sailing since I've started collecting in 2010.

Going for a complete 64 set! 135/296!

mightyqdaw-
g
on: May 12, 2014, 16:45

Found new Phantasy Star IV for Genesis for $15 back in 1997.

Also, got TurboGrafx-16 with Turbo CD, all connections and the carrying case, plus Bomberman, Bonk's Adventure, Boxy Boy, Double Dungeons (loose), Dungeon Explorer (loose), Jack Nichlaus Turbo Golf, Ordyne (loose), Pac-Land (loose), Sidearms (loose), Splatterhouse (loose), Victory Run, It Came from the Desert (CD), Sherlock Holmes (CD) and Ys (CD) for $200 last year.

Turbo CD video:

--
Eric (MightyQDawg)
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMightyQDawg

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.412 seconds.