Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Arcade Stick Reccomendation?
jaco281
Post Arcade Stick Reccomendation?
on: December 4, 2012, 23:39

Okay so I want to buy an arcade stick for my PS3 and this will be my first stick. I mainly want to use this for the Tekken games. I do have a budget of around $60 and have seen a couple on amazon for that price range. I probably wouldn't upgrade the stick right off the bat, but eventually after the stock buttons wore out I would. Right now I was looking at this one (http://www.amazon.com/Playtech-Arcade-Fighting-Stick-Playstation-3/dp/B004DFDVWW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1354689299&sr=8-3&keywords=ps3+arcade+stick) which looks pretty good and I like the distance between the buttons and the stick. So if anyone has any opinion or recommendations on a stick for PS3 I would very much appreciate it.

porksalot4-
L
Post Re: Arcade Stick Reccomendation?
on: December 5, 2012, 05:21

i have a street fighter stick and it works pretty good. i found it on sale a while back. so just keep looking for sales on slickdeals. one word of advise though. dont try using the fighter stick for a first person shooter game! its very hard to strafe with only 1 stick!

wildbird51-
Pro
on: December 5, 2012, 09:32

This stick is okay. I tried it.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

oinuttr
on: December 10, 2012, 14:42

It looks like a good platform for building a custom stick on. The joystick itself looks good, and should be easy to upgrade if you want to.

However, looking at the picture the buttons look cheap, they don't use microswitches so they're not going to have the same snappy feeling that arcade buttons have. If your comfortable with soldering the buttons would be easy to replace.

I also just came across this:
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-WWE-Stars-Brawl-Stick-3/dp/B004M25NNQ/

which is just the same as a Street Fighter Madcatz SE Stick, only with WWE art, except it's $30 right now which is a steal for the build quality that you get, not to mention that it's incredibly easy to replace parts. If you don't mind the art or plan on changing it anyway, I would go with this.

Jinx
Beginner
on: December 11, 2012, 13:22

I've always wanted to get an X-Arcade stick. They are compatible with every system and might be a good option when maming an arcade system.

--------------------
My Consoles: PS3, PS2 slim, PS2 slim (JPN), PSOne, Xbox 360 slim, Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis 2 & 3, Game Gear, Wii U, Wii, GameCube, Game Boy, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, 3DS-XL, SNES 2, 3DO, CD-i, Neo Geo CD (JPN), Neo Geo Pocket (JPN)
My Arcades: Hard Drivin', Nintendo Playchoice 10, Nintendo Red Tent, Batman (1990), Neo Geo MVS (2-slot)

jaco281
on: December 13, 2012, 01:24

Thanks for the recommendations I think I will check out that WWE stick since it is the same as the street fighter stick.

hex1gon
Beginner
on: December 19, 2012, 04:29

I own the Dead or Alive 5 HORI Fighting Stick. Heavy, huge buttons and clicky joystick. Works fine with emulators with mild driver fiddling.

An Australian who loves the XBOX way too much:
hexigon.blogspot.com.au

gamester81
Administrator
on: December 29, 2012, 15:45

I've heard that the new Neo Geo X arcade stick actually is compatible with the PS3 too!

metallicat-
84_2003
Beginner
on: December 30, 2012, 14:07

Seeing as I just purchased a bunch of PS3 fighting games this is a very interesting subject for me to look for in a good arcade stick

TigerClawT-
V
Beginner
on: January 9, 2013, 14:39

I use the Hori Fighting Stick 3. Good solid PS3 stick, but it doesnt work on PC. - http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Fighting-Stick-3-Playstation/dp/B000MWE3BI/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1357767547&sr=1-3&keywords=Hori+Fighting+Stick+3

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.405 seconds.