Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What was your favorite commercial?
Outlaw
Beginner
Post What was your favorite commercial?
on: December 14, 2012, 21:58

We all know back in the 80's and 90's there was to me at least a bit more charm when creating commercials ones that actually stuck with you, so the question is what commercials do you remember and were your favorite? Mine was the Turbo Grafx 16 and Sega does what Nintendon't! 🙂

Turbo Grafx 16

Sega does what Nintendon't

InnovaX5
Advanced
Post Re: What was your favorite commercial?
on: December 14, 2012, 22:57

This one I saw a lot growing up with the 7.7.97 launch date.

wildbird51-
Pro
on: December 15, 2012, 06:40

This one was good:

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

clamcakes
on: December 15, 2012, 11:06

I couldn't find a video of it, but it's the Mega Man 3 commercial where the Capcom secret agent accidentally drops the briefcase with the game in it.

Edit: found it
http://blip.tv/gauntlet101010/megaman-3-commercial-664424

Jinx
Beginner
on: December 16, 2012, 01:32

For me it is this:

The first commercials for Playstation. Especially the tag line "You are not ready."

My 17 year old self had to run out and put a deposit down on the system before it was released. It took me a lot of hours slinging burgers to pay for that system.

--------------------
My Consoles: PS3, PS2 slim, PS2 slim (JPN), PSOne, Xbox 360 slim, Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis 2 & 3, Game Gear, Wii U, Wii, GameCube, Game Boy, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, 3DS-XL, SNES 2, 3DO, CD-i, Neo Geo CD (JPN), Neo Geo Pocket (JPN)
My Arcades: Hard Drivin', Nintendo Playchoice 10, Nintendo Red Tent, Batman (1990), Neo Geo MVS (2-slot)

Symphony
Beginner
on: December 16, 2012, 15:11

Zelda rap commercial! =P

I always hated commercials that didn't show gameplay from the game.

PGen98
Advanced
on: December 17, 2012, 12:51

Can't find a video of it, but my favourite in terms of funny commercials was the "It's Thinking" Dreamcast commercial featuring a baseball player. I don't remember which player, or why I found it particularly funny, but it always stuck with me.

In terms of memorable, though, I always loved the early Saturn commercials, especially the NiGHTS into Dreams commercials. They were pretty...different...at that time, but I loved them. 🙂

S-Pac316
Advanced
on: December 22, 2012, 00:04

I love the Super Mario 3 commercial with the huge crowd of people in different colored cloths chanted "Mario, Mario!" and it zooms out to the planet to see them make Mario's face.

-------------

thekyle043-
on: January 22, 2013, 16:50

My favorite Game commercial was for Destroy All Humans 2! I played the hell out of the first game and loved it. One night I was up real late and I saw a commercial for DAH2! I woke up the next morning and was mad because I thought i had just dreamed it. The next time I saw it i got excited all over again knowing it was real, lol!

wildbird51-
Pro
on: January 23, 2013, 21:00

Is that really Vin Diesel?

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.55 seconds.