Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Recommended Games
Austin
Post Re: Recommended Games
on: March 6, 2013, 07:42

For downloadable titles, Nano Assault Neo is pretty sweet. Much better than the 3DS game that came out a ways back, in my opinion. It's essentially a top-down twin stick shooter with some excellent visuals.

I also picked up Mighty Switch Force (it was on sale for $5--not sure if it still is or not), and it's a pretty solid oldschool-styled puzzle/platformer/run 'n gun hybrid.

SpaceKappa
Post Re: Recommended Games
on: August 5, 2013, 06:29

I second that Mighty Switch Force recommendation!

I've had a Wii U since launch and I really like it, although it is disappointing how few games have been coming out for it. I planned on being a one-console guy this gen, but my wife and I reserved a PS4 to supplement the Wii U because there's just not enough coming out. Plus, hey, Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3.

Anyway, I'd also recommend Lego City Undercover. It's definitely the best of the Lego video games and a very well done sandbox game. The open world is great, the story is legitimately funny and the production values are up there. The only annoying part is the 60 second front-load every time you boot up, though.

Game & Wario is neat, although it's not as good as the WarioWare games. Of course New Super Mario Bros is a hoot. If you can't afford the SNES cart, EarthBound looks great running on the Wii U's SNES emulator (and we can finally show Nintendo support for the series!). I'm dying to check out Pikmin 3 as well.

My retro gaming show, The Backlog with Joe Walker

Pages: 1 [2]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.149 seconds.