Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Earthbound’s Peanut Cheese Bars
gamester81
Administrator
Post Earthbound’s Peanut Cheese Bars
on: January 4, 2013, 08:40

Glenn makes some Earthbound Peanut Cheese Bars. Here is a link to the video. http://dev2017.gamester81.com/the-gourmet-gamer-earthbounds-peanut-cheese-bars/

In this episode we take the retro icon Earthbound and make it’s peanut cheese bars a reality! Watch the video and if you want to make them, we’ve added the recipe to the description!

What you will need: An 8×8 inch square spring-form or lose-base cake tin, a whisk, two mixing bowls, greaseproof/baking paper, cling film/saran wrap and a rolling pin.

For the Cookie Base:
175g / 1 ¾ Cups Flour
½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
½ Teaspoon Salt
110g / ½ Cup Butter (Softened)
85g / ¾ Cup Caster Sugar/Superfine Sugar
85g / ¾ Cup Soft Brown Sugar
½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Egg

For the Chocolate:
150g / 1 Cup Chocolate
55g / ¼ Cup Butter
40g / ¼ Cup Crushed Salted Peanuts

For the Peanut Cheese Topping:
225g / 1 Cup Cream Cheese
170g / 2/3 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter (Skippy)
100g / ¾ Cup Icing/Confectioners Sugar
120ml / ½ Cup Whipping Cream

Making the Cookie Base:
Prepare the tin by greasing it with a little butter and lining the base and sides with greaseproof paper/baking parchment. Preheat the oven to 190C/370F.
In a large bowl beat the butter, caster sugar and brown sugar together until creamy. Slowly add the egg and continue to mix.
Gradually sift in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix well until a dough forms. If it’s very soft pop it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
Place the dough between two large sheets of cling film/saran wrap and roll the dough out to roughly fit the base of your prepared tray. Transfer it to the tray and lightly press it in until the entire base is covered and even.
Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Leave to cool while you prepare the chocolate layer.

Making the Chocolate Layer:
Over a bain-marie melt the chocolate with the butter until smooth and shiny. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
Once cooled pour the chocolate over the cookie base and spread it out until even. Sprinkle over the crushed peanuts and with the back of a spoon, gently press them into the chocolate.
Place in the fridge to chill for around 30 minutes while you prepare the peanut cheese topping.

Making the Peanut Cheese Topping:
In a large bowl gently mix together the cream cheese, smooth peanut butter, sugar and cream. Once combined whisk it until pale and fluffy.
Spoon the peanut cheese mixture over the now chilled chocolate layer and smooth it out.
Sprinkle on top a few more crushed salted peanuts if you like, then place in the fridge for several hours until firm and chilled.
Once chilled remove the combination from the tin carefully and cut it into bars.

wildbird51-
Pro
Post Re: Earthbound’s Peanut Cheese Bars
on: January 5, 2013, 11:21

I work out a lot and can't really afford myself anything that goes beyond my diet, but sometimes, when I get lonely, I make a chocolate cake, best in the world. My lady loves it, my kid loves it, my mom says that it's the best cake she ever had, but hell, no way I am giving away a slice. Although, you can make it yourself:

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons King Arthur Flour Black Cocoa, optional
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup strong black coffee (I used Green Mountain Coffee’s Vermont Country Blend)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat oven to 350F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans or one 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa(s), baking soda, baking powder. Mix on low until dry ingredients are thoroughly combined. Add eggs, buttermilk, coffee, oil and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for about two minutes; the batter will be thin. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes for round pans, 35 to 40 minutes for rectangular pan or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
4. Frost as desired. I used a simple and delicious Chocolate Buttercream Frosting from Savory Sweet Life. One batch was perfect for this layered chocolate cake.

Goes best with a glass of ice-cold milk.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.106 seconds.