Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Modding your 360 - Quantity x Time
Clecio
Advanced
Post Modding your 360 - Quantity x Time
on: February 22, 2013, 00:00

I'm not going to discuss the prejudice or the benefit of modding a console. I'm starting this thread because last week I paid a visit to a old friend of mine who also loves videogames. But, instead of me, he likes quantity. For that, he modded his 360. Yes, for a long time I had not seen a modded console, since the Playstation 2 era.

What got me really impressed is how modding scenario has improved itself. Now they have their own "Live" where, for instance, people can download covers (that was the only feature a saw). And I think the layout of the modded dashboard was interesting also.

I imagine how many chips are now running and how mod chips became an industry. How many millions the modding industry profits? FYI, the "technicians" in my city only know one thing: modding PS2, PS3 and 360. Im having trouble with my 3DO lens and they only scratched their heads when I asked about it. But there's a fact: a lot of people are earning their money by unlocking consoles and only that.

Okay, some guys in here are from outside US and, like me, they all know how expensive a single game can be (I paid BRL$190 [US$95] for Max Payne 3), or even a NES cart (on eBay, they are asking US$50 for Battletoads). But, at the same time, I ask to myself: what will I do with 300 Xbox 360 games? I will never have time to even try them. I asked the same to him and he only smiled.

I guess most of people here have their jobs, children, study compromises and so on. I would like to have at least 10 continues to my life to play it all.

But my point is: what is better, having a huge collection of unplayed games or a well selected ones coll? In my case, I maybe have near 250 games, including every platform I own, from Pong to OUYA. I have my wish list, but at this moment it has only 15 titles and 4 consoles.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.122 seconds.