Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mindjack?
PGen98
Advanced
Post Mindjack?
on: March 14, 2013, 17:46

I know this is a game that got terrible/mediocre reviews from several outlets, but was it really that bad? I just picked this game up from GameStop for $3.49! It was only released in 2011, and while I have seen games like MLB 2k10, NBA 2k10 and other games released around that time for similar amounts; however, a game that's relatively newer for that sort of money?

Has anyone played this game? Is it really that bad? Worth a play-through, at least? Or worth the $3.49 I just paid?

Buried On-
Mars
Advanced
Post Re: Mindjack?
on: March 15, 2013, 05:33

I've been curious about that game too. I haven't seen it for that price though! Only around $20.

Check out my disastrously clever youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BuriedOnMars/

PGen98
Advanced
on: March 15, 2013, 09:57

I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but finding it yesterday for so cheap just seemed really strange! You should get to your local GameStop(s) and have a look, because that's the cheapest I've seen it going for. Perhaps one for your "Rescued from the Bin" segments? 😉

I keep reading reviews that say the controls are a bit clunky and the AI is somewhat weak, but nothing that seems completely detrimental. I'm hoping when I get back later today I can give it some play time and see what it's like.

wildbird51-
Pro
on: March 15, 2013, 11:43

This game is okay, but I remember paying 50$ for it on SALE, but it fairly costs 30$ if you ask me.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

PGen98
Advanced
on: March 15, 2013, 18:21

Well, it's not a bad game, IMO. I'm only a level into the game, but I'm finding it quite decent. Yes, the controls are slightly on the clunky side, aiming is a tad...precise...(want a headshot with a pistol? Go for it, but you'll need at lest 3 to get a kill. Don't worry, though, find an automatic weapon of any kind and you can just spray the area and they'll eventually go down...), but I quite like the overall concept. Also, I LOVE that you can mind hack downed enemies and turn them against your enemies. Really useful feature for getting through in areas where you've got quite a few enemies. I'm still really early in the game, though, so who knows, maybe it gets worse later on...

For the money, though, I'm really pleased with it!

PGen98
Advanced
on: March 18, 2013, 00:17

I'm a little bit further into this game now, and I'm thinking of it more like a Shenmue 2 sort of game -- decent game, slightly clunky controls and hilariously bad voice acting in parts (want to play a game of lucky hit? How 'bout playing lucky hit? Want to try lucky hit? How 'bout playing lucky hit? Etc). I still can't believe it was so cheap, it's proving to be something of a steal for the price (granted, there are frustrating parts, and it might get worse as it moves on)!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.24 seconds.