Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I just got my first Xbox the other day...
LuzZelenia
Pro
Post I just got my first Xbox the other day...
on: April 30, 2013, 14:52

...and I have a few questions for all you Xbox veterans. First, what are some of the Xbox must have games and accessories? Any good exclusives or games where the Xbox version is the definitive version?

Also, I'm very interested in installing a modchip in my Xbox and using it to run emulators, I wanted to know anything I ought to know about modchips (what are the best, where can I buy them, any help with modchip installation) and the emulators that are compatible with an Xbox.

Any help and information is appreciated.

Kyle325
Advanced
Post Re: I just got my first Xbox the other day...
on: April 30, 2013, 16:20

Im not too familiar with emulators of any kind, -prefer the real games, heh- But the original xbox had some great shooters. The Rainbox Six games really stick out if you like a tactical challenge. The cell shaded shooter XIII was also unique. Burnout 3 and Revenge are a blast to play. For fighters, Dead Or Alive I thought worked pretty darn well on the Xbox.
Not to familiar with some accessories for it either other than the dvd playback. -only had the xbox for a brief time, but its a good system to puts tons of music on and hook it up to your stereo.

"work is for people who can't play videogames" --Billy Mitchell
'GameTime' hosted by Kyle-- http://www.youtube.com/user/GAMETIMEwithKyle

Kyle325
Advanced
on: April 30, 2013, 16:21

Ps--- I always hear good things about the game Psyconauts... kind of a trippy platformer. Have yet to play it personally

"work is for people who can't play videogames" --Billy Mitchell
'GameTime' hosted by Kyle-- http://www.youtube.com/user/GAMETIMEwithKyle

Buried On-
Mars
Advanced
on: May 1, 2013, 14:29

Fable is my favorite Xbox game. Forza and the Colin McRae games are excellent racing sims. Dumped a ton of hours into Jade Empire and the Star Wars KOTOR games. Sega made a lot of games for it like the Jet Set Radio sequel that are worth checking out too.

Check out my disastrously clever youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BuriedOnMars/

PGen98
Advanced
on: May 1, 2013, 20:49

I wouldn't put a mod-chip in just to run emulators. You can softmod the dashboard to get XBMC4XBOX running and run any emulators you might want. Granted, I suppose if you're going to mod the Xbox in any way, might as well go the whole nine yards, right?

As far as great games for the Xbox, you'll be pretty safe with basically any of Bioware's RPGs (Jade Empire, KotOR/KotOR II), obviously the Halo games get a nod for those looking for "essentials," and I'd definitely agree with Fable being a must-play alongside Forza Motorsport. The Oddworld games are pretty solid, too, and I had a lot of fun playing Mortal Kombat: Deception, though it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea.

Also, the GTA games were so much better on the Xbox than on PS2 (IMO). If you haven't played them (or played them to death), go for those! I'd also throw Conker: Live and Reloaded out there, but if you have the chance, go with BFD on the N64 (better game overall). Then I'd look more towards the lesser known games like Yager, Crimson Skies, Panzer Dragoon Orta (huge Panzer Dragoon fan, so have to throw that out there!), Stubbs the Zombie and games of that nature. There's a huge library of great Xbox games worth looking into, but the ones listed here so far definitely form a good foundation!

Jmeon4eva
Advanced
on: May 2, 2013, 18:49

For accessories the only ones that truely matter are the dvd playback, and if you're gonna go game happy, get memory cards, the HDD on site is big and beefy yes, but can't hurt when you start to see that dwindle from 10gb(8gb after the formatting for the system os, and xbox dash) to less than 1, you'll need the extra space.

"Take my love, take my land, take me where i cannot stand, I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.285 seconds.