Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Thoughts on the Nintendo 2DS...
Kyle325
Advanced
Post Thoughts on the Nintendo 2DS...
on: August 29, 2013, 15:19

A very bizarre move from nintendo. .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAExBTWIp3M
As someone planing on getting a 3ds in a couple weeks, this.s.... dosent make me change my mind. If anything, im liking the 3ds design more..

"work is for people who can't play videogames" --Billy Mitchell
'GameTime' hosted by Kyle-- http://www.youtube.com/user/GAMETIMEwithKyle

S-Pac316
Advanced
Post Re: Thoughts on the Nintendo 2DS...
on: August 30, 2013, 18:09

I already have 3DS so I won't buy the "2DS", but I think it's smart for Nintendo to make it. I thought it was strange at first but it's good for children who can't use 3D and it has less moving parts.

Heck even I can't use the 3D for long periods because I get a head ache. Yes the 3DS can turn the 3D off but still, I think this was wise for Nintendo to make this as a cheaper alternative without 3D and the hinge.

So, think about it before you shit on Nintendo for it.

-------------

PGen98
Advanced
on: August 31, 2013, 09:11

Not going to lie, when I saw a report on another site about the 2DS, I thought it was just someone making fun of Nintendo for their history of...interesting choices, but knowing that it's a legitimate product makes it a bit more surprising.

It's quite strange to look at, but it does have a lot going for it. People who can't handle the 3D aspects of the 3DS (and haven't learned about the switch on the side of the screen that can be set to off...) and kids who love to break anything with hinges can utilize it for access to the 3DS lineup of games. It's a very interesting design, and goes somewhat against the portability factor of handheld consoles, but it does have a purpose.

Since I have a 3DS, and love it, I don't think I'll be picking one up; however, the collector in me is still contemplating waiting a few months and snagging one just to keep my Nintendo handhelds complete...

Buried On-
Mars
Advanced
on: September 1, 2013, 07:01

Get it out cheap, pass the saving onto the consumer. Expand the market and the install base to younger kids. 4G to memory to DL games to. Get more developers wanting their games on the 3DS. Make more money. 3DS and 3DSXL is still available for those that want it. Very logical. Way more so than the PSP GO.

Check out my disastrously clever youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BuriedOnMars/

gamester81
Administrator
on: September 3, 2013, 17:15

I just posted some news on the site about this. http://dev2017.gamester81.com/nintendo-announces-the-new-nintendo-2ds-system/

My feelings are as long as Nintendo still plans on making the 3DSXL I'm ok this this. It's up to the consumer on what they want, and the lower price tag does allow people to play 3DS games at a lower price. If you ask me though it's worth the $40 different just to play the games in 3D, and the fact it can fold and be more portable. I think the design for the 2DS is awful to be honest.

Kyle325
Advanced
on: September 3, 2013, 17:23

Agreed! As I said, im hetting a 3DS soon (XL model) for something to do in my downtime at work. this 2DS makes me appreciate the 3ds design more, but thats not to say the 2ds is going to be awful. Its a good idea for maybe someone who games a lot at home and portability isnt a factor, or as a 2nd 3ds-DS. (and better for younger kids)
Knowing Nintendo handhelds, it will do fine, even with its odd design choice.

theinFAMOU-
Sassassin
on: September 6, 2013, 19:17

I rather stay with the 3DS more than the 2DS like come on. I rather have it portable in my pocket in a clam shell format, not a slate format that was used in phones, and tablets. Its like Apple like you got the iPad, iPad Mini, iPod touch, iPhone. Like you got three models, but I rather stick with the original 2 of 3DS and 3DS XL.

Symphony
Beginner
on: September 7, 2013, 00:22

I like the idea of this thing purely on the fact that the top screen doesn't have a hinge anymore. For games that take much more action on the controls it seems to me it would be much easier to play on a 2DS without the hinged top screen. Specially when a game like Smash Bros comes out.

That and I think 3D in general is a gimmick that I barely use.

But I like my XL and I don't see buying one of these.

Kyle325
Advanced
on: October 21, 2013, 23:07

Just as a sidenote.. I actually did end up picking a 2DS up last week, on the spur of the moment, I chose it over the 3DS because the 3D gimmick doesnt impress me much..plus it was $70 cheeper.
I went in unbiased and open minded... and I have to say, I really do enjoy it alot! Its comphy to hold, light, the buttons are places just right, and the games look bright and colorful and crisp on the screens. (well, one screen, as it doesnt fold)
pocket friendly it isnt, unless you have the larger khaki pockets or dress slacks with thise looser pockets. Im inpressed with the collection of games both retail and on the eShop so far, and looking forward to more. Comes highly recommended, especially if, like me, you didnt own a 3ds before.

Buried On-
Mars
Advanced
on: October 24, 2013, 06:13

Quote from Kyle325 on October 21, 2013, 23:07
Just as a sidenote.. I actually did end up picking a 2DS up last week, on the spur of the moment, I chose it over the 3DS because the 3D gimmick doesnt impress me much..plus it was $70 cheeper.
I went in unbiased and open minded... and I have to say, I really do enjoy it alot! Its comphy to hold, light, the buttons are places just right, and the games look bright and colorful and crisp on the screens. (well, one screen, as it doesnt fold)
pocket friendly it isnt, unless you have the larger khaki pockets or dress slacks with thise looser pockets. Im inpressed with the collection of games both retail and on the eShop so far, and looking forward to more. Comes highly recommended, especially if, like me, you didnt own a 3ds before.

And that's why Nintendo made it. 😉

Check out my disastrously clever youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BuriedOnMars/

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.382 seconds.