Shmups. Shooters. Shoot ‘em ups. No matter what you call them, one fact is true: They showcase some of the best music that their consoles have to offer. In this episode, we find out that Mike compares everything to UN Squadron, and Ed brings out his inner shoot ‘em up snob.
Also, don’t miss our hilarious Zero Wing commercial, and learn about our (almost legal) Shmup Helper kit!
1. Summer Carnival ’92 Recca (Famicom) – Recca – Composer: Shioda Nobuyuki
2. Thunder Force IV (Genesis) – Metal Squad (Stage 8) – Composer: Toshiharu Yamanishi
3. Super EDF (SNES) – Boss Attack – Composer: Tsukasa Tawada
4. Zero Wing (Genesis) – New Day for Me – Composers: Tatsuya Uemura, Toshiaki Tomisawa, Masahiro Yuge
5. Super R-Type (SNES) – R Dance – Composer: Takushi Hiyamuta
6. Under Defeat (DC) – Go on a Mission – Composer: Shinji Hosoe
7.Hyper Zone (SNES) – Credits – Composer: Jun Ishikawa
8. U.N. Squadron (SNES) – Project 4 Fortress – Composers: Mari Yamaguchi & Yoshihiro Sakaguchi
9. Dangun Feveron (Arcade) – Dancing Bomber – Composers: Ryuichi Yabuki and Nanpei Misawa
10. Omega Five (Xbox 360 Live Arcade) – The Glacial Fortress – Composer: Hideyuki Iwatsuki
Outro: Section Z (NES) – Level 1 – Composer: Kumi Yamaga, Tamayo Kawamoto
Don’t forget to follow us @pixeltunesradio on Twitter, and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!