Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: What GameBoy(s) Do You have?
theinFAMOU-
Sassassin
Post Re: What GameBoy(s) Do You have?
on: October 21, 2012, 19:30

For me of my Gameboy Collection is:
-Original Gameboy
-Gameboy Pocket Ice Blue Edition
-Gameboy Color
-Gameboy Advance SP
I still need to find the Gameboy Light, Gameboy Advance AGB 001, and Gameboy Micro.

RetroGameF-
ox
Advanced
on: October 21, 2012, 19:33

The lines on the screen can be 1 of 2 things. The contacts on the screen to the board are lose, or the display driver inside the screen is failing and disconnecting from the lines on the display. Usually if that happens you have to replace the whole display. I'm not entirely sure I only have 1 GB that has virtical line issues and its the one that I haven't worked on yet. So couldn't tell you for sure. And yes the SP is definetly good. But there are 2 different SPs. The first gen of SPs between 2003 and 2005 are front lit displays. They have a slight purplish tint to the screen. All SPs made after 2005 use a better back lit display. The easy way to tell the difference is that the front lit display the light button will only turn the display on and off. The Backlit model can change the light level based on how many times you press it. And if I remember correctly the back light can't be turned off on it. The main way to tell is the model number. The SP with the front lit will have a number of 001, where as the backlit will have a model number of 101. The backlit model is the better one to get. I do not have a backlit model.

RetroGameF-
ox
Advanced
on: October 21, 2012, 19:34

I keep seeing a lot of folks with Gameboy Lites. I always thought of them as rather rare as they were released only in Japan. May be mistaken though.

Jinx
Beginner
on: October 21, 2012, 19:39

Yeah RGFox, I forgot about that. There are two versions of the Advance SP. I have the second generation and love it. It's my primary Game Boy when playing my original Game Boy games.

Also forgot to add that I have a Super Game Boy for the NES.

--------------------
My Consoles: PS3, PS2 slim, PS2 slim (JPN), PSOne, Xbox 360 slim, Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis 2 & 3, Game Gear, Wii U, Wii, GameCube, Game Boy, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, 3DS-XL, SNES 2, 3DO, CD-i, Neo Geo CD (JPN), Neo Geo Pocket (JPN)
My Arcades: Hard Drivin', Nintendo Playchoice 10, Nintendo Red Tent, Batman (1990), Neo Geo MVS (2-slot)

RetroGameF-
ox
Advanced
on: October 21, 2012, 19:42

Super GameBoy pack is awesome. I have it as well. I also have a GameBoy Player. Though if I play gameboy games I try to play them on the console they were designed for. AS in original on the original, color on the color, and Advance on the ADvance. Unless its a game I plan to take on a trip or something. Then I use my SP. Which reminds me I need to get a new battery for mine.

Totalled
on: October 21, 2012, 21:01

Umm... The Gameboys I own:

Target Purple Gameboy Advance
Purple Gameboy Advance
Pink Gameboy Advance
Ice Blue Gameboy Advance

2 Atomic Purple Gameboy Colors
Blue Gameboy Color

2 Silver Gameboy Pockets
Clear Gameboy Pocket

Surf Blue AGS-101 Gameboy SP
Red Gameboy SP
Silver Gameboy SP

2 Cream Original Gameboys
1 Black Original Gameboy

2 Gameboy Players for Gamecube
1 SuperBoy for SNES

... I have a lot of gameboys...

RetroGameF-
ox
Advanced
on: October 21, 2012, 21:10

That is a lot of gameboys. o.o Suprised you didn't menchen VirtualBoy. lol

Totalled
on: October 21, 2012, 22:04

I've been looking for one for a while.

To be honest, most of my Gameboys came from thrift stores lol. Its nice when they put them in bags marked as "$2"

BurningDoo-
m
Advanced
on: October 21, 2012, 22:27

I've got the original brick Game Boy, a Grape Game Boy Color, a silver GBA-SP, a blue original model Nintendo DS, the Super Game Boy for SNES, and the Game Boy Player for Gamecube.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

RetroGameF-
ox
Advanced
on: October 21, 2012, 22:40

There is a virtualboy at a shop near me for sale. It has its original box with all the accessories and 4 games. But its $189 and I don't have that kind of money, or I would have grabbed it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.381 seconds.