Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nintendo really screwed the pooch
Smashbro29
Post Nintendo really screwed the pooch
on: October 21, 2012, 23:35

There is no ethernet port on the WiiU.

This is a very real problem, using a USB 2.0 adapter is much slower and DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED on wi-fi.

The WiiU does a ton right but it really makes me wonder how much they care about serious online play with no good way to get online.

Gamester81 is great but check me out too:

http://www.youtube.com/user/smashbro29?feature=guide

MetalJesus-
Rocks
Administrator
Post Re: Nintendo really screwed the pooch
on: October 22, 2012, 09:12

I've never had a problem with gaming via WiFi on my Xbox 360... That could be because I'm in a house with not a lot of competing bandwidth... What sort of Wifi problems do you run into?

Retro Gaming with a Heavy Metal Soundtrack
http://www.youtube.com/MetalJesusRocks

Smashbro29
on: October 22, 2012, 09:45

Dude, try playing a fighting game over wifi. I dare you. I double dog dare you to tell me that it was a solid experience across the board.

Gamester81 is great but check me out too:

http://www.youtube.com/user/smashbro29?feature=guide

gamester81
Administrator
on: October 30, 2012, 01:11

I do agree that it's strange that Nintendo didn't include a ethernet port. I guess they just figure Wi-Fi will be fine.

Outlaw
Beginner
on: October 30, 2012, 02:12

Maybe they will release some adapter for this you never know, though they weren't really big on the online service with the gamecube either.

wildbird51-
Pro
on: October 30, 2012, 05:35

Quote from gamester81 on October 30, 2012, 01:11
I do agree that it's strange that Nintendo didn't include a ethernet port. I guess they just figure Wi-Fi will be fine.

I think that most companies these days try to come with the next step, like 'who needs cables?', Macbook Air does not have ethernet port either. Blackberry Playbook comes only with wi-fi, like who needs 3G if wi-fi is all around these days?

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

duhmez
on: November 6, 2012, 21:06

USB network adapters are plenty fast. As far as raw download speed for downloading games, USB 2 can pull 480 Mbps, much more than your internet connection will be. As for gaming the latency on a USB interface won't be any worse than a direct ethernet port.

bj79
on: November 14, 2012, 10:13

It is an odd decision by Nintendo not to include one. I would not think that adding one to the motherboard would increase the cost of manufacturing it much at all. I am sure they have a reason for it. I just don't know what that might be.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.384 seconds.