Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: MS-DOS gaming
metcar
Beginner
Post MS-DOS gaming
on: October 25, 2012, 20:15

for those like me this was our gaming era games like doom,f-15 strike eagle II,police quest,secret of monkey island,quake 1,simcity 2000. if you were around then or are discovering this time in pc gaming what were some of your fave games.

MetalJesus-
Rocks
Administrator
Post Re: MS-DOS gaming
on: October 25, 2012, 22:03

The original Civilization was so incredibly addictive at the time. I remember being hours late to work because I was playing that game for the first time. That game is the very definition of "just one more turn".

Retro Gaming with a Heavy Metal Soundtrack
http://www.youtube.com/MetalJesusRocks

metcar
Beginner
on: October 26, 2012, 16:57

Yeah i remember Civilization i came late to that party as i played Civ II it was a fun game but i could never get that hang of it and got killed everytime lol.

wildbird51-
Pro
on: October 27, 2012, 13:43

Warcraft II was good, beyond awesome, but I played it on a Mac. Does that count?

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

metcar
Beginner
on: October 27, 2012, 16:17

yeah i'll allow it mac gaming was the same as dos gaming back then though there were some titles exclusive to either os the original marathon for example was a mac exclusive

RetroGameF-
ox
Advanced
on: October 28, 2012, 18:09

Honestly, the only MS-DOS game I played as a kid was ChexQuest.

wildbird51-
Pro
on: October 28, 2012, 23:21

Quote from metcar on October 27, 2012, 16:17
yeah i'll allow it mac gaming was the same as dos gaming back then though there were some titles exclusive to either os the original marathon for example was a mac exclusive

Marathon was a Doom clone, right? I think I remember this one, but most of all I remember Cyberia.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

Jinx
Beginner
on: October 29, 2012, 00:20

The 7th Guest. That game blew my mind with full motion video back in the day. The puzzles are still pretty fun and challenging even to this day.

--------------------
My Consoles: PS3, PS2 slim, PS2 slim (JPN), PSOne, Xbox 360 slim, Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis 2 & 3, Game Gear, Wii U, Wii, GameCube, Game Boy, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, 3DS-XL, SNES 2, 3DO, CD-i, Neo Geo CD (JPN), Neo Geo Pocket (JPN)
My Arcades: Hard Drivin', Nintendo Playchoice 10, Nintendo Red Tent, Batman (1990), Neo Geo MVS (2-slot)

Austin
on: October 29, 2012, 01:44

I played a lot of DOS games back in the mid '90s. DOOM, Wolfenstein, Corridor 7, and just about anything by Apogee, to name a few. I still go back to them once every now and then, and GOG.com is a savior for that. I have actually been playing through Raptor: Call of the Shadows as well as Tyrian again this past week, thanks to them. 🙂

clamcakes
on: November 22, 2012, 14:47

Anyone remember Armor Alley?

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.375 seconds.