Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PS2 games on PS3
wildbird51-
Pro
Post PS2 games on PS3
on: October 27, 2012, 06:40

I never had a PS2, but there are plenty of games I want to try. I've heard that you can play PS2 games on a PS3, so I picked up Castlevania, but haven't tried it yet, because my PS3 sits at my office and I'm chillin' at home at the moment. Do you have any other suggestions? What should I buy next?

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

Outlaw
Beginner
Post Re: PS2 games on PS3
on: October 27, 2012, 12:32

If you're into driving shooters I'd recommend : Twisted Metal Black, Burnout 3 Takedown is also a good crash n' destroy game.

For Adventure/Action there's many I would recommened like Socom, The Punisher, Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance, Mortal Kombat Armageddon.

Is there a certain genre you're into?

LuzZelenia
Pro
on: October 29, 2012, 18:23

I don't own a ps3 so I may be wrong but I thought only the first version of he ps3 played ps2 games and all later versions play ps1 games only. I'm not positive but it'd be worth looking into before you buy a bunch of PS2 games.

There are several HD remakes of PS2 games on the PS3 games.

Richard
on: October 29, 2012, 22:45

Slow down man. Only the 60GB edition of the original PS3 series can play ps2 games. I really doubt you have that version(it was the $600 one at launch).

I would recommend you look at the HD remakes that are out and if any interest you. If you do have the backwards compatibility PS3 post here again and I will be happy to recommend you a bunch of games based on the genre you like. PS2 has the largest library of quality games ever.

wildbird51-
Pro
on: October 30, 2012, 02:05

Quote from Richard on October 29, 2012, 22:45
Slow down man. Only the 60GB edition of the original PS3 series can play ps2 games. I really doubt you have that version(it was the $600 one at launch).

I would recommend you look at the HD remakes that are out and if any interest you. If you do have the backwards compatibility PS3 post here again and I will be happy to recommend you a bunch of games based on the genre you like. PS2 has the largest library of quality games ever.

That's my thing, I bought it in 2007. I still need to make sure that it's the right console, because I don't want to buy a PS2, I already have too much consoles.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

numberedey-
es
on: November 2, 2012, 12:01

i have had a problem playing the pal gungrave (not overdose just gungrave) on the ps3 it lags quite a lot I'm not sure what the problem is but that's the only ps2 game in my experience that doesn't perform well on the ps3.

if you find you have the right ps3 to play ps2 games maybe avoid gungrave GL!

djstiv3
on: November 18, 2012, 16:37

ouch bro if you bought the s3 to play ps2 games sorry to say you cant only the original 20gb and 60gb models do so, very few 80gb do as i recall and one of the metal gear solid ps3 bundles do as well although im pretty sure it wasnt the more expensive gun metal colored one just the regular kind either way your gunna need a ps2 and ps2 mem card to play a ps2 game

jaco281
on: November 19, 2012, 09:17

I have one of the 80gb models w/ backwards compatibility and I haven't had any troubles playing any ps2 games. I recommend star wars battlefront 2 you can play it for hours and it will still be fun. Also if you do have a backwards compatible ps3 you can connect your ps2 games online using it (took me a year before I realized it was possible). There are still battlefront 2 servers up so you have that option. Some other good titles would be the legacy of kain series, I believe there are two on ps2.

Clecio
Advanced
on: December 11, 2012, 08:33

Quote from wildbird5150 on October 30, 2012, 02:05

Quote from Richard on October 29, 2012, 22:45

That's my thing, I bought it in 2007. I still need to make sure that it's the right console, because I don't want to buy a PS2, I already have too much consoles.

I didn't know that there were PS3 consoles which could run PS2 games. I liked the Burnout series. Thats my suggestion.

InnovaX5
Advanced
on: December 11, 2012, 11:45

I'll have to try it. I have a 60gb model that I use but I've never crossed ps2 games to it. I use a silver slim PS2 for my PS2 / PS1 needs. I also have a Slim PS3...what can I say I'm a sony fanboy.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.357 seconds.