Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Do You Collect "Collectors Editions"?
DocGroove
Post Re: Do You Collect "Collectors Editions"?
on: November 15, 2012, 02:51

No, but I did recently buy the CE of Skyrim and Pandora's Tower, both for the art books and Skyward Sword, because of the special controller. I do plan to get the CE of The Last Story because it's a great game and also for the art book.

Of upcoming games the Bioshock Infinite one looks really cool and perhaps I might get the CE of Epic Mickey 2 but I'm afraid we'll only get the regular version in the Netherlands 🙁

Jmeon4eva
Advanced
on: November 15, 2012, 10:09

I have 3 collector's editions, HALO 3 and 4, and FINAL FANTASY XIII-2

"Take my love, take my land, take me where i cannot stand, I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."

PGen98
Advanced
on: November 15, 2012, 15:07

I added the Halo 4 one to my collection recently, but it was really underwhelming...granted, I didn't open most of the extra rubbish. Just felt really half-baked, though that little journal they included is sort of interesting.

ThatJoshGu-
y
on: November 18, 2012, 18:31

I don't buy Collector's Editions/Pre-Order Bonuses, etc unless it's something I actually desire. Some figurine or RC Truck or what have you is cool and all, but it's not something I can see buying for the same price as the console it's being played on. Something like the Fallout 3 Collector's Edition, I would definitely jump on that. But otherwise, not so much.

gamepro97
on: November 18, 2012, 18:45

If its a great bonus I may pay the xtra cash but normally I just buy the game, besides it was always the preorder exclusives in Japan I was envious of lol.

RetroGameG-
irl
on: November 19, 2012, 12:25

Not unless there is a major *useful* bonus with it. An example would be a special controller designed for the game or system . I will not buy a collectors edition for in game items, such as those you see in MMORPG. As for little statues or other items. Meh. They just end up on a shelf collecting dust. I prefer to open and play my games rather than just look at them.

-----------
http://www.youtube.com/user/retrogamegirl
or
http://retrogamegirl.com/

Freezieunl-
imited
Beginner
on: November 22, 2012, 02:40

I don't intentionally Collect Collectors Editions its just that I always get suckered by extra in game content mind you the key chains the statues and the art books and soundtracks can be cool I really end up buying the CE's for the extra in game items or levels and the rest of the stuff gets looked at once then put on a shelf so now I have boxes and boxes of extra stuff now don't get me wrong I am not hating on people that collect but I am not a collector that buys games or collects them for value I collect only for myself and personal enjoyment and I just feel most of the time for me the stuff outside the game ends up being a waste but they always seem to slip that 1 extra content piece in the game so compulsive me just has to buy LOL

Jmeon4eva
Advanced
on: November 22, 2012, 21:48

I'm actually looking for a collector's edition NTSC Final Fantasy XIII. I have the regular, but i have the ce for XIII-2, and plan on getting the CE for Lightning Returns FFXIII.

"Take my love, take my land, take me where i cannot stand, I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."

InnovaX5
Advanced
on: December 1, 2012, 23:43

It really depends for me. I have to really like the special case, or fancy trinkets included. Like, I had to buy the Skyrim CE for my PS3, there was no question about it for me. I always buy MMORPG CE's due to the in-game items no matter how shitty they are. But for like anything else I just go with the normal edition. I can't name you one game sound track I've listened to that has been packed with a collector's edition.

Clecio
Advanced
on: December 8, 2012, 09:29

For instance, Assassins Creed CE comes with a US flag, a belt stuff and a nice statue. Im not interested and I just cant afford it, specially in my country where you have to overpay for games. I think CEs are only for me to buy the game I already have the standard Edition. I prefer the limited editions. CEs never got me, specially when almost all success games are for sale in that form which make them common.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.358 seconds.