Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dune: The Battle for Arrakis
metcar
Beginner
Post Dune: The Battle for Arrakis
on: November 3, 2012, 14:08

This was a very good game on the genesis. it was the first RTS game on the PC and i believe technically the 2nd on the genesis the first going to Herzog Zwei. This game is the Ancestor to the Command & Conquer series as both were made by Westwood Studios.The PC version Graphically and Audio was better of course than the Genesis version but the Genesis was a great looking game itself.
In 1999 Westwood made a updated version of Dune Battle for Arrakis/Dune II the building of a Dynasty on DOS, Called Dune 2000 that featured Live Action FMV cutscenes featuring Johnathan Rhyse Davies as the Mentat for the Atreides. Graphically the game had 2 versions the PC version which Used a C&C Tiberian Sun Game Engine and the PS1 version which used a 3D polygon engine.

wildbird51-
Pro
Post Re: Dune: The Battle for Arrakis
on: November 3, 2012, 14:16

I remember this thing on my Mega Drive, but I had a Genesis copy, so I had to run thru a special all region cart if you know what I'm talking about. This game was amazing. I remember playing Dune 2000 on a friend's PS1, but it didn't have the same atmosphere and charm Genesis had.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

SilverMong-
oose
on: January 10, 2013, 11:06

Dune on the GEN isn't really the same as the PC one is it? At least from game footage they look different enough. Either way, the GEN game is amazing and I still get a kick out of playing it every few years. We rented it all the time and eventually played it on an emulator until I found it for 5 bucks in some bin of crap at a pawn shop.

metcar
Beginner
on: January 15, 2013, 01:48

Dune on Gen is a bit different than Dune II on PC the view angle on the GEN version is topdown where as the PC version is more isometric,also the PC version has the sidebar for building where as the GEN version you have to go to a separate screen for building options. http://www.mobygames.com/game/dune-ii-the-building-of-a-dynasty/screenshots here is the pc version
http://www.mobygames.com/game/genesis/dune-the-battle-for-arrakis and here is the GEN version

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.199 seconds.