Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Who picked up a Wii U?
Clecio
Advanced
Post Re: Who picked up a Wii U?
on: December 12, 2012, 18:30

Quote from rampage on November 29, 2012, 13:38
🙁 I have to wait for the Wii U, it haven't come to my country yet 🙁

Big N never cared about Latin America. I preordered one Wii U Black at Target.com. Everything was fine. They charged my credit card. When they realised that the console was to be delivered in Brazil, they cencelled my order. Nintendo even wants us to import. Actually, they still want to push the old Wii, which I dont have and dont intend to buy. I was banned from ClubNintendo because Im brazilian. My love case with the Big N ended on 3DS.

InnovaX5
Advanced
on: December 26, 2012, 13:45

Got one for Christmas from my parents, was very shocked!

Jinx
Beginner
on: December 26, 2012, 13:55

Copying my game purchases and data from my Wii to my new Wii U could not have been more unintuitive. What a pain! I had to run both consoles, swapping video cables and keep recyncing my Wii remote between the two of them just so I could transfer the data.

Nintendo, you need to get your act together if you want to compete in today's online world.

--------------------
My Consoles: PS3, PS2 slim, PS2 slim (JPN), PSOne, Xbox 360 slim, Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis 2 & 3, Game Gear, Wii U, Wii, GameCube, Game Boy, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, 3DS-XL, SNES 2, 3DO, CD-i, Neo Geo CD (JPN), Neo Geo Pocket (JPN)
My Arcades: Hard Drivin', Nintendo Playchoice 10, Nintendo Red Tent, Batman (1990), Neo Geo MVS (2-slot)

wildbird51-
Pro
on: December 27, 2012, 08:49

Guys, I'm about to get one in a few days and go on a vacation, where internet is nothing more than a curse word. Can I play games on this system right out of the box or I really need an update, registration and shit, like it's a damn iPad or something?

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

InnovaX5
Advanced
on: December 27, 2012, 16:57

I don't know, as soon as I set mine up to the network it insisted on updating. I didn't transfer over my Wii's stuff just due to the fact of how horrible it is from what others experienced. I assume if you skip the registration shit for now you could play games right out of the box. It is like an iPad though, lol. I am really impressed with it once you get over the massive update though. I don't own a bad game yet. I've got the following...

Nintendo Land
Zombi U
Super Mario Bros. U
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Batman Arkham City Armored Edition
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Nintendo Land was packed in (got the deluxe obviously) and it blows Wii Sports away. Scribblenauts is insanely cute, fun and addictive with the wii u pad. SMBU feels like another generation of nintendo console's defining mario game, in my eyes its as good as SMW was at the SNES launch. I really love the controller and hope to see more games like Zombi U's utilization of it.

InnovaX5
Advanced
on: December 27, 2012, 17:01

Oh and I have heard that 007 Legends is pretty horrible for the Wii U. I didn't pick it up due to that reason. I also didn't pick up Assassin's Creed 3 or Mass Effect 3 cause I own the PS3 versions. If anyone feels they're worth getting let me know why you think that 🙂

Symphony
Beginner
on: December 28, 2012, 01:32

Got one recently with a few games. Pretty nice so far, can't say I like Nintendo Land much but NSMB U is just great. Nice having a Mario game in HD.

gamester81
Administrator
on: March 16, 2013, 12:40

I hope the Wii U comes out with some good games soon...it's been quiet for awhile. 🙁

wildbird51-
Pro
on: March 16, 2013, 16:18

Do you know the upcoming titles? I'm planning to give this platform a second chance, but still hesitate. There are a lot of Wii games I want to play, but I can pick up a brand new Wii just for 59$ at my local game store. What do you guys think? Is this thing really worth it and they'd put out some good games any time soon? The only thing that interests me now is backward compatibility, because It's much better to play games with this oversized tablet controller, than nunchuk (do I spell it right?). But still, I don't feel like buying a Wii U if I want to play only Wii games at the moment.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

Buried On-
Mars
Advanced
on: March 17, 2013, 06:47

Wii games are not compatible with the tablet controller. When you switch the Wii U into Wii mode the machine acts like a Wii. Kind of like how the original Wii would switch into Gamecube mode. So you can only play those games with Wii-mote, nunchucks, etc. The Wii U does upconvert to Wii games to 1080p if you're using it with an HDMI cable. So that is pretty cool.

Honestly, if you can wait, I'd save the $59 to put towards the Wii U after a price drop. And if you waited this long to play Wii games you could probably wait a little longer. I still would pick up any Wii games I could find because they're not going to be price any better than they are right now. That way, when you're ready to take the Wii U plunge, you'll have a nice collection of Wii games to play and the ability to play some Wii U too.

Check out my disastrously clever youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BuriedOnMars/

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.447 seconds.