Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Who picked up a Wii U?
Darkglobe1-
Post Re: Who picked up a Wii U?
on: November 22, 2012, 17:54

I got the Deluxe and when it works I have been having fun. However it freezes on me and I have to unplug it from the power to stop it so I have not been playing much until they release an update to correct this issue.

IronBuddha
on: November 22, 2012, 20:08

I just tried playing and it froze on me 2 more times now. I looked it up and apparently I'm not alone. I just hope this doesn't become a common problem and they fix this right away.
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1688913/wii_u_freezing_update_coming_next_week.html

Jinx
Beginner
on: November 22, 2012, 20:21

Quote from Jinx on November 18, 2012, 19:34
I tried but failed miserably. The local stores had basic units in stock but I passed on those.

An update to my original post. I decided to buy one of the Basic models. I want one to play with and waiting for a Deluxe edition might take awhile. With the future addition of an external hard drive, it will hopefully work just as well as the deluxe edition.

--------------------
My Consoles: PS3, PS2 slim, PS2 slim (JPN), PSOne, Xbox 360 slim, Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis 2 & 3, Game Gear, Wii U, Wii, GameCube, Game Boy, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, 3DS-XL, SNES 2, 3DO, CD-i, Neo Geo CD (JPN), Neo Geo Pocket (JPN)
My Arcades: Hard Drivin', Nintendo Playchoice 10, Nintendo Red Tent, Batman (1990), Neo Geo MVS (2-slot)

Jmeon4eva
Advanced
on: November 22, 2012, 21:43

I hope you're right John, and HOPEFULLY by then we'll hear SOMETHING from Square on FFVS.XIII

"Take my love, take my land, take me where i cannot stand, I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."

IronBuddha
on: November 23, 2012, 11:38

Nobody wants the basic. You know it's bad when you go black friday shopping and you see the stores still have the basic sets.

Darkglobe1-
on: November 23, 2012, 17:01

If it keeps having issues no one will want the Deluxe either!

rampage
on: November 29, 2012, 13:38

🙁 I have to wait for the Wii U, it haven't come to my country yet 🙁

wildbird51-
Pro
on: December 2, 2012, 11:12

The EU version launched a few days ago, but the console is still not available in Russia. I buy it the day it hits the stores.

Mogul by day, gamer by night. Moscow/Russia gang.

InnovaX5
Advanced
on: December 11, 2012, 13:16

I'm waiting awhile to pick up a Wii U. I really did not enjoy the Wii very much due to the motion controls being required for so many games. I'll pick one up after the first price drop or when Pier Solar HD launches - whatever happens first. The console does look fantastic, I must admit.

Jinx
Beginner
on: December 11, 2012, 13:26

Quote from Jinx on November 22, 2012, 20:21

Quote from Jinx on November 18, 2012, 19:34
I tried but failed miserably. The local stores had basic units in stock but I passed on those.

An update to my original post. I decided to buy one of the Basic models. I want one to play with and waiting for a Deluxe edition might take awhile. With the future addition of an external hard drive, it will hopefully work just as well as the deluxe edition.

Update to my update:

Returned my unopened Wii U Basic and Nintendoland (cost $360) for a Wii U Deluxe with Nintendoland included (cost $350) and saved $10. Plus it has more memory. Good thing I hadn't opened the Basic system yet. It's going to be a Christmas present from my parents to me. 🙂

--------------------
My Consoles: PS3, PS2 slim, PS2 slim (JPN), PSOne, Xbox 360 slim, Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis 2 & 3, Game Gear, Wii U, Wii, GameCube, Game Boy, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, 3DS-XL, SNES 2, 3DO, CD-i, Neo Geo CD (JPN), Neo Geo Pocket (JPN)
My Arcades: Hard Drivin', Nintendo Playchoice 10, Nintendo Red Tent, Batman (1990), Neo Geo MVS (2-slot)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.402 seconds.